Lalique White (2008)

HouseLalique
PerfumerChristine Nagel
Parent CompanyDenz > Art & Fragrance

About Lalique White

Lalique White is a masculine fragrance by Lalique. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Reviews of Lalique White

What a gorgeous fragrance! Based on some of the reviews it's obviously not for everyone but I blind bought a bottle of this for under $24 and I LOVE it! Lalique really has a way of creating gorgeous and very original fragrances that appeal to those that want to smell different than everyone else. It opens with a blast of freshness and I can definitely detect the cedar right way. Oddly enough, there's something that reminds me of pine in this as well albeit very subtle. I don't envision this to be a sillage monster, but who cares? Let those that want to get close to you smell it on your skin ... as they undoubtedly will. In the genre of clean and fresh, Lalique (a la Christine Nagel) have created yet another masterpiece.
17th December, 2019 (last edited: 18th December, 2019)
When you have tried so many fragrances for years, a new test usually smells familiar, like something you already have. As soon as I smelled White I thought of Burberry, the classic one. To me, it is spicy, peppery. I do not get clean soapy like so many others. It is a less intense Burberry, peppery, spicy, and a bit of cedar playing in the background. I give it a neutral because it smells unoriginal, and I was hoping for something else. So, this is not a problem with the fragrance but my perception. After reading the reviews on BN, I found a deal online and took a blind chance.
03rd September, 2019
Clean done right. Soapy clean. Dry in the opening with the white pepper and cedar in the dry down. Smells better than its price, read here smoother and less astringent. Dryer sheets is not a bad comparison. Projection on point for the genre, but would have preferred a bit more staying power out of the laundry musks. Well done overall. Points down for subpar performance, points back up for price point. Keeps this as a average sized thumbs up.
20th June, 2019
As the name suggests, Lalique White is somewhat unexciting by design, a clean floral and woody scent that's not entirely unlike an artfully made fabric softener.

The actual architecture of this Christine Nagel scent is impressive and and elegant and some of its details are unique, but Lalique White doesn't impress itself upon you; it wears light and if you want to pay attention to its effects you'll need to fixate upon it. It evokes no particular season, but it'd be nicely suited to warmer months.
29th April, 2019 (last edited: 10th May, 2019)
A french fragrance from the opening to the end, i can smell an interesting combination of spices, wood notes, musk and some florals.

Not too complex but it is ok. I dont get the fresh idea from it but it's a good medium scent. The dry down smells a little but medicinal but not too harsh.

Longevity is not the best atribute of this scent but anyway i wasnt even have great expectations before trying. On my skin, i didnt find any Lalique that last above medium.
13th June, 2018
This fragrance literally smells like lemon-pepper seasoning. It starts off with a very interesting scent of lemon leaf (rather than the fruit itself) with white pepper (white pepper smells like black pepper but doesn't make you sneeze and is lighter). I don't think any other cologne smells like this. It's pretty amazing. I also smell tamarind - a herb often used in Southasian cooking - which is pretty rare in perfumery (I think this is the only fragrance that has the note). It's a very spicy take on lemon, and smells very natural (although it technically has lemon leaf and not lemon per se). I actually really love this. It smells like an Indian take on lemonade but in a fresh way. On drydown it becomes softer but retains the black pepper and tamarind - the lemon leaf remains but in the background. This is a unisex fragrance though may lean slightly masculine. As with other Lalique fragrances I've tried though, this smells great but sillage isn't that great while longevity is actually quite good on my skin, running at over 6 hours. The name 'White' is very apt, as this is the yang (or 'sunny side') to Lalique Encre Noire's ('black ink' in French) yin ('shady side'). Overall, this is a very nice and incredibly unique fresh fragrance that stands out from the crowd of generic aquatic or bright citrus fresh scents.

4.5/5
03rd May, 2018 (last edited: 18th May, 2018)

Add your review of Lalique White