Elixir (2008)

PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Elixir

Elixir is a masculine fragrance by Penhaligon's. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Reviews of Elixir

So if youíre looking for something similar to TF Sahara Noir, this is definitely a tamed down version. Itís not a match by any means, but there are definitely aspects that give off the same vibe....but not as strong or sharp. Elixir is a bit smoother. It seems that itís about equally as hard to find a bottle of this, as it is Sahara Noir, so Iím gonna have an uphill battle. At least I have Sahara Noir.
19th June, 2020
MarŪa Casares (The Princess) in( Orpheus ) by Jean Cocteau 1950
06th July, 2019
It has grabbed my attention from the start as I didn't know what to expect. It's like smelling a chunk of cedar while near burning incense and eucalyptus leaves. It's also sweet, and I could be tempted to say it's honey, because it does remind me of the honey in Phaedon's Tabac Rouge, but also the vanilla in Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille; it has the same character as those two and the cinnamon completes the association for me. It's mostly linear on my skin and I would categorize it as a sweet spicy woody oriental.
16th October, 2018
There is something truly captivating about this one. It smells cold, refreshing, spicy, flowery, woody and sharp. Very aromatic but also very polite. The rose here is beautiful, but what I like the best about this perfume is the eucalyptus-incense combo that is beyond everything else that I have ever smelt. This trio is just lovely.
As someone has stated before, it does have a stone Catholic church vibe.
Spices are not overpowering. I smell cinnamon, cardamom and mace.
The dry down is soapy and sweet (probably benzoin).
The perfume is actually very light on my skin (moderate longevity and moderate to soft sillage), and due to eucalyptus, it smells very refreshing.
I find it relaxing and appropriate to wear in all four seasons.
15th February, 2017
A very beautiful and unusual woody oriental by Olivia Giacobetti for Penhaligon's.

Despite the lift of the eucalyptus in the opening this is overall a very soft fragrance. Elixir captures me from the top notes. Straight away there is the most wonderful melding of eucalyptus with the rose coming through from the heart, and enhanced by other spices such as cardamom and mace. But the real beauty of this fragrance lies in the heart. For me it wears as a really lovely accord of sandalwood and rosewood, with an aromatic rose and a little cinnamon drifting like perfumed smoke over and through this rich woody accord. The incense, tonka, vanilla and benzoin are not particularly apparent to me but they may serve to soften and round out the base even further.

Elixir smells very rich but it wears more lightly than you may expect, and it doesn't last that well on skin, although it will linger on fabric for a very long time.

Elixir is exotic, sensual, cosy, comforting. There is nothing quite like it. But, if you like Egoiste, I challenge you to try Elixir, you never know what you might find.
13th April, 2016
One of the best and more underrated perfumes from Penhaligon's. Eucalyptus (whitegreenish) and Incense (darkbrownish) perfectly blended. Magic. I'm addicted.

I haven't tried anything like this in a long time, and it's hard to compare with any other perfumes. Perfect for a cold morning, and one of those perfumes that you enjoy on your own.

I own a bottle and I've also had a shower gel. Waiting for the body oil.
09th March, 2016 (last edited: 27th March, 2016)

Add your review of Elixir

Shop for Elixir products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Elixir

There are no member images of Elixir yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Elixir