Noir Patchouli
by Histoires de Parfums

Noir Patchouli information

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About Noir Patchouli

Noir Patchouli is a masculine fragrance by Histoires de Parfums.

Noir Patchouli fragrance notes

Reviews of Noir Patchouli

Dark. Intense. Spiced, earthy, musky patchouli. Very rich. It's patchouli on steroids. I don't really smell any flower notes in the heart. I pick up tiny, hidden sweet notes here and there. I get an intense earth, or old, rotting tree trunk vibe on the skin upon deep inhalation. This, is a dead-of-winter fragrance.

It doesn't really sweeten much as it progresses. Perhaps later it will...

As time goes on I get an old leather accord, like an antique saddle. I get a little burnt vanilla. Patchouli of course, rambles on and on with a random smokiness at times. Good stuff!

22nd April, 2019
Boy In Green Coat by Egon Schiele
+++++++++++++++++++++
Dae-su Oh ( Min-sik Choi ) in ( Oldboy ) by Chan-wook Park 2003

04th November, 2018 (last edited: 03rd May, 2019)
Noir Patchouli puts the historical feel in Histoires de Parfums. It smells mossy to me, so I'm surprised not to see moss listed among the notes. This smells unisex to me - I can clearly imagine it working for a man or a woman. It smells natural. There's a soapy aspect, and a dirty aspect. And sometimes florals peek through (maybe as part of the soapy aspect). It smells like a nice vintage perfume, light and wearable.
31st May, 2018
Patchouli is here in spades, and the quality is nice enough. But: this is so dated, and must have been done a million times before in women's perfurmery. Yes, it's much more feminine than not. Not sure I see the point; certainly little for me.
02nd February, 2018
Very mature smell. Spicy, peppery and soapy. There's nothing sweet or fresh here...definitely from another long gone era.

Smells like a very clean, well-dressed principal or teacher in his 60's.
14th January, 2018
An excellent and effortless representation of patchouli. The star note is deftly matched to light/cool spices, giving the whole affair a lovely "chilled" vibe: damp and pure patchouli, shimmering cool spice, and a green-ish mossy leather undercurrent.

A great alternative to vintage Givenchy Gentleman, albeit an expensive one. The overall tone is cool and a bit more sleek, but it's a pretty close cousin overall.
11th August, 2017

Add your review of Noir Patchouli

Shop for Noir Patchouli products online

Shop for Noir Patchouli at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Noir Patchouli

There are no member images of Noir Patchouli yet. Why not be the first?