Crystal Aoud (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Crystal Aoud

Crystal Aoud is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Crystal Aoud

rbaker Show all reviews
Whilst there is a touch of oud in the opening, a fruity component - melon and green apple add a pleasant fruity aroma, which is augmented by a tangerine note with whiffs of sweet oranges. The wood notes added a bit later include teakwood and a touch of sandal.

Later the fruitiness recedes, and a soft and restrained saffron arrives, and it is mixed with a slightly creamy saffron, as well as a soft and restrained patchouli. A discreet vanilla adds just the right amount of sweetness, which is underscored by some white musks.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and a splendid twelve hours of longevity on my skin.

An agreeable Montale for cooler spring days, quite complex and with excellent performance. 3/5.

24th November, 2020
Crystal Aoud runs astray of an aroma-chemical allergy I have, which makes a fragrance very dissonant, with a harsh burnt sugar note. It's usually in fragrances defined by red berries or dark fruits, which this one doesn't list. But the aroma-chemical is there, nonetheless. It takes the oud and amps up its medicinal qualities into the category of something I merely endured. Unwearable.
05th June, 2015
Crystal Aoud is based on the typical Montale's oud note (strong and medicinal), enriched by prominent melon and apple notes. The overall effect is of a sweet, persistent and pretty linear fruity oriental fragrance of average quality. In my opinion this is not a stand-out in the huge offering from this house, but I've to admit that the fruits / oud combo is somehow succesfull
16th June, 2011
So many times when I smell some fragrance it gives me an instant and unavoidable vision of some place or some specific thing that might feel a bit absurd even for me, yet somehow it feels very accurate even after many tests or wearing...

Crystal Aoud takes me to this cheerless room at the office building; There is wall-to-wall carpeting, the usual furniture’s and lots of different kind of equipment; computer and monitor, copying machine, printing machine….and then there is this middle aged officer worker woman in her jacket suit who is apparently wearing some overly sweet fruity perfume….a few sprays too much, that is.

Crystal Aoud is stunningly sweet, electrical and luminously fruity-floral-spicy hybrid. Aoud is very pronounced. It reminds me a lot of some other oud perfumes like Red Aoud (Montale) and Night Aoud (Micallef).

I like it, but not on myself. I find it utterly feminine and definitely more suitable for women.

One of those fragrances in which I advice *especially men* to be extremely cautious on the trigger.
03rd February, 2009
bbBD Show all reviews
Notes (per LS): melon, green apple, mandarin, sandalwood, teak, aoud, patchouli, vanilla, white musk, saffron

Now that I'm about 20 different Aouds deep into this line, I've long since given up with extensive reviews of each. Only those that really catch my attention will command a review. I'll admit they do blend together when I recall them. On the skin, some oud/[insert accord here] combos work really well (White Aoud, Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, etc.) and some really don't (Aoud Lime, Aoud Ambre). Every person will have their own opinion and enjoy some while hating others.

I find Crystal Aoud to be one of the ones that work, and it works well. I wouldn't have thought the combo of melon/apple and oud would work, but the sweetness of the fruit perfectly balances the medicinal quality of the oud and at times the accord melds into one big sweet/bitter note that is very unique.. As foetidus notes, the oud lasts longer and is more pervasive then others in the line, but again - this works well and the particularly distinct melon and apple notes last along with the oud. Unlike some from this line, like White or Silver, the oud doesn't fade out at the base. Instead, it intensifies somewhat as the lighter fruit notes fade and oud is joined by patchouli and woody notes. The base is reminiscent of Black Aoud's but with the volume turned down.

One of the Aouds I'd really like to own.
27th January, 2009
The openig notes are fruity and mouthwatering, but then the fragrance develops in a clean, crisp smell, due to the medicinal note of agarwood and the sexy clean musk. It' wery sensuous, but in a subltle and elegant way Finally a fruity perfume that is not too girly, like Dewberry, o too solemn an ladylike, as Mitsouko.
01st October, 2008 (last edited: 02nd October, 2008)

Add your review of Crystal Aoud

Shop for Crystal Aoud products online

Shop for Crystal Aoud at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Crystal Aoud

There are no member images of Crystal Aoud yet. Why not be the first?