Golden Aoud (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Golden Aoud

Golden Aoud is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Golden Aoud fragrance notes

Reviews of Golden Aoud

rbaker Show all reviews
The floral side is mainly a somewhat standardised rise on me, which dominates the geranium. The patchouli again is stronger, so after the initial moments the patchouli and the rose take the Centre stage.

A fairly bland and smooth leather without any harsh undertones is present in the drydown, with a slightly peppery rich from a gentle pimento impression being the more interesting contribution at this stage. A saffron joins the party now too. There the oud arises, which gradually turns up the volume well into the base.

Woodsy components assemble towards the end. Apart form the oud there is sone cedar, a touch of teakwood and whiffs of oak. The saffron grows a bit more intense towards the end and blends in well with the woodwork.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, and a stupendous twelve hours of longevity on my skin.

This floral-woody scent for warmer autumn days is not bad, but is so formulaically followed an oath triodes a hundred times before, and it does so in an impersonal and generic manner. The performance is great though. Overall 2.75/5

18th November, 2020
I've never tried any rose fragrances before so take everything I say with a grain of salt. But, I absolutely hated this one.

I was expecting some rich and hefty oud and what I got was a chemical-rose mess. The opening was very sharp and abrasive to me, almost a weird burning plastic smell. That mellowed down but even still I was surprised by how prominent and unpleasant the rose was to me.

29th July, 2019
Another Montale rose and oud presentation...intensity wise this is middle of the road on the Montaleometer...rose and oud are both pretty laid back even though there is no lack of projection...a little dab of sweetness and a big dab of wood...overall I find this one to be rather pleasant and very wearable...
05th February, 2019
Has an unmistakeable Middle Eastern mass market vibe – rich and powerful fumey fragrance with freshening elements, thoroughly blended so that the overall synthetic oud character is the only defining feature. Golden Aoud does have a sharp woody complementary note in the opening – dry, almost salty – anyone who has been in a house with teak furniture will recognize it. But the drydown is a sweet oud blend which while not terribly distinct from other such concoctions is still a pleasure to wear.
30th November, 2013
This reminds me more of Black Aoud, relative to other Montale Aouds. Aoud and rose are present, but the aoud is less medicinal. Also I detect some patchouli and pepper. Perhaps a little austere.
08th February, 2012
As in Black Aoud, the rose here is no less prominent, although it may seem overwhelmed in the beginning by the potency of these accompanying notes: oud, teakwood and patchouli, the latter imparting a noticeably camphoraceous vibe to the composition. If there is any 'leather' in here, it must have given my nose the proverbial slip.

GOLDEN AOUD is sonorous but its high-pitched tonality feels a little strident and harsh compared to Black Aoud's assuredly smooth performance. On my skin all the interesting drama unfolds in the first 20 minutes, leaving behind a more conventional rose-patchouli-cedar scent that veers closer to the feminine side of the scale.

Notes:
Bulgarian rose, geranium bourbon, patchouli, leather, Jamaican capsicum pepper, oud, saffron, teakwood and Moroccan cedarwood.
26th May, 2011

Add your review of Golden Aoud

Shop for Golden Aoud products online

Shop for Golden Aoud at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Golden Aoud

There are no member images of Golden Aoud yet. Why not be the first?