Acqua Viva (2007)

Acqua Viva information

Year of Launch2007

HouseProfumum

About Acqua Viva

Acqua Viva is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum. The scent was launched in 2007

Acqua Viva fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua Viva

Sharp fresh lemon, very similar if not totally identical to Jo Malone's classic, Verbenas of Provence.
25th June, 2020
Great citrus scent. The cedar and cypress smell more realistic and are enchanting compared to the synthetic smells of many fragrances of this type. In some ways this is one of the best wood smelling fragrances on top of the citrus.
03rd January, 2019
This is disappointing especially in light of its very promising beginning.
First 15 minutes is a spicy citrusy lemony fresh masculine smell. A very classy all season wear anywhere fragrance.
Very quickly it dries down to a generic damp grass with a component reminiscent of vetiver. Wishy washy. Perhaps it is the reaction this has with my skin type as a lot of the reviews praise this and it was recommended to me by one of our fellow senior basenoters as the archetypal citrusy fragrance.
By far the best of this type of fragrance is Guerlain's L'eau Boissee.
It is not only much better in every sense but also cheaper. I almost bought a bottle but that wishy washy component is still there as well.

If Profumum was not so expensive it would be a neutral . Considering the price thumbs down, don't waste your time and money.
08th December, 2017
Photorealistic lemon, followed by a lot more lemon, followed by woods. The lemon is rich, zesty, two-dimensional and very tenacious. It does have a green 'feel', maybe simply because of the lemon and woods? It does smell high quality throughout, despite being a little synthetic in the base.

This maybe for you if you are looking for a concentrated citrus. It's not for me because I find this style of fragrances to be boring after a while, and it's also rather overpriced given what it is. It does have some similarities with Eau d'Hadrien and also Hadrien Absolu. Clearly among the best in its style, but not something for me.

07th November, 2017
I love lemons, as a child I used to eat them, and I've always yearned for a fresh lemon perfume - in my teenage years (and 20's and 30's if truth be told) I fondly imagined that finding such a fragrance would make me leaner, tanned, and possessed of that French 'put together effortlessly' ease.

I think Acqua Viva is the closest I've ever found to my dream of real lemons, and it lasts better than other colognes. I love the fresh burst of lemon when I spray, and the other notes complement it nicely. It really feels like the zest as well as the pulp, that lovely back of the nose hit, and the flavour through the bitterness - AV is not very bitter but doesn't have the cloying sweetness I sometimes get from lemony colognes, for which I blame verbena!

I bought a bottle (at full price!) and thought I'd reached citrus Nirvana. And it is nice to spray on a summer day or even in winter for a bit of olfactory fantasy (olfantasy?). It is also somehow deeper than most citrussy scents, and has some heft - it feels oily when splashed.

However, it is more of a scent photo than a perfume, and, after investing in it, I amazed myself by not wearing it every day. I spent years looking for this zenith of citrus sharpness, and in the process have somehow come to appreciate other ingredients and more complex, richer perfumes.

But it is gorgeous to spray mid-afternoon for an instant pick me up!
19th July, 2017
As the hype has indicated, I agree that Profumum Roma Acqua Viva is among the best fresh lemon scents that I've ever smelled, or could smell, apart from perhaps a sweet lemon scent along the lines of Dua Fragrances Vanilla Lemon Gelato or Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche. But as far as a strong lemon presence and not too much mixed in, Acqua Viva takes the cake as the best fresh lemon fragrance I can name.

It involves, overwhelmingly, fresh lemon, both the juice and the peel/rind, blended with the yellow flower laburnum, and woody notes of cedar and one of my favorite woods, cypress. It doesn't develop much, which is actually nice because the opening is so pleasant and bright.

Performance is solid, more up to the par set by much of the rest of the line, with great projection and longevity.

The only pitfall is that paying the standard $250 for 100ml Profumuma Roma price for a citrus-dominant fragrance seems unpalatable, but considering that this is balanced enough to be a versatile performer in not only the warm weather, but due to its strength, the cold weather, the price could be right. I'll have to consider splurging for this one---next year, perhaps.

8 out of 10