Invigorating (2008)

Invigorating information

Year of Launch2008

HouseBoadicea the Victorious

About Invigorating

Invigorating is a feminine perfume by Boadicea the Victorious. The scent was launched in 2008

Invigorating fragrance notes

Reviews of Invigorating

The opening of Invigorating is much more delicate and dark than I expected by reading the composition and other reviews. Basically I get ambery (and ambroxan-ish) dusty resins which smell - besides incredibly good - warm, sweet, “round”, slightly boozy and tobacco-ish with a gentle frame of floral notes breezing from soapy (rose) to lightly indolic-dusty (jasmine) and an echo of resinous-incensey-earthy labdanum. The head accord of orange-yuzu notes is lively, although barely perceivable and ultra-quick to vanish. I won’t define Invigorating a “gourmand” for sure, rather a discreet floral-tobacco-boozy-resinous Oriental scent with a shady and dry personality: there’s hints and echoes of gourmand notes, but they too are rather dark and smoky (licorice, cocoa). On the base I also get something like leather, which may be some wood. Initially it does not smell much balsamic, but soon the fir balsam note emerges: it’s good, dense, pleasant and with earthy-mossy nuances (besides obviously an “invigorating” balsamic feature). I am not a fan at all of Boadicea, but I must say this fragrance is surprisingly well made, to any extent: the notes smell crisp and solid, the composition is somehow “daring” as regards of the concept (dark-bright-fresh-resinous notes all together), yet it smells effortlessly well calibrated and balanced, perfectly harmonic and compelling. The contrasts are there, but are rather just nuances going perfectly together: shades of smoke, balsamic forest notes, warmth of amber and resins, gentle silky floral notes, with a fruity touch. I won’t surely define this “summery” or “fresh”, rather an “autumnal” scent in my opinion. Much Lutensian as regards of its inspiration, although less rich and less “French”: it smells solid and dense but not syrupy and not “materially” rich, the substance here is rather dusty, thin, light, much discreet and velvety. Also I get some similarity with Fougère Bengale by Parfum d’Empire and perhaps another couple of scents by that house, although Invigorating smells more interesting and creative for me. Longevity is a bit weak, though. Worthy a try!

7,5/10
06th January, 2015
Beer, musk, pine, cleaning liquid and jasmin. Really odd, dark, dense and amazing. Like a laboratory accident gone right. Makes me wanna cough a little. I want it bad. It's like a less refined and less sweet version of Cuir Venenum. Very unique. I guess I got tired of smelling nice and fresh, and this one is everything but fresh, nice and polite. Lasts a long time and stays close to the skin which is fine with me.
28th July, 2012

Add your review of Invigorating

Shop for Invigorating products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Invigorating

There are no member images of Invigorating yet. Why not be the first?