Musc Nomade (2008)

PerfumerCamille Goutal
Parent CompanyAmore Pacific
Parent Company at launchStarwood Capital Group > Taittinger > Louvre Groupe

About Musc Nomade

Musc Nomade is a masculine fragrance by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Camille Goutal and Isabelle Doyen

Musc Nomade fragrance notes

Reviews of Musc Nomade

Musc Nomade - Annick Goutal
A suprising sour dry anisic-herbal note opens a warm round powdery musk that associates with fresh cotton and a bitter-animalic tone, like castoreum. It gets an indolic baby-foodburp note, a musty paper/old book one that reminds of cinnamon and a certain airyness. It grows a little stronger, picks up a more powdery-balsamic tone and a little sweetness. From its heart this perfume radiates a beautiful persistant warm note of warm horse-fur with a little saltyness to it, like fresh sweat. The dryout brings more weight and fluffyness at the same time: a light creamy/salve tone with hints of fresh peppermint, candysweet, cozy vanilla and an almost incensewood-like spicyness, plus a natural bitter waxy-musk tone of ambrette seed with a hint of clean soap.
Most musk perfumes I found to be too sweet and lacking structure,  but this one speaks a language and tells a story of its own. Very decent stuff- potent and skilfully executed.
25th June, 2019
Light, airy fresh. Not what I was expecting. Faint flowers. Papery-wood accord. Clear musk. The flowers, don't seem to increase in "size". They remain distant. This plays out as a skin scent for me. I wanted more...
16th March, 2019
This has been reformulated and much to its detriment. I used to adore its slightly vegetal muskiness. It was a berry-sweet, barely there puff-of-a musky ambrette. A very pretty and enchanting mid-point between clean white musks and far dirtier ones.

Now however, it is nothing at all. Or it is a nothing created synthetically with only a faint resemblance to its original self--which was already faint enough to begin with. This is kind of sad, since it filled a much-needed and right-in-the-middle spot on the musk spectrum.

Don't bother unless you can find an older bottle. (Even then, you, like some, may be anosmic to its particular type of musk notes.)
08th October, 2017 (last edited: 31st July, 2020)
bokaba Show all reviews
Grassy Patchouli

I was hoping Musc Nomade would be a truly Oriental musk reminiscent of Arabie, the steppes of Central Asia, or the Western Lands of the Silk Road.

The opening is a boozy citrus. The heart and base emerge quickly and dominate. The whole fragrance is overpowered by grassy patchouli and vetiver. Whatever musk there is is mute and largely undetectable.

Sadly, Musc Nomade is little more than a grassy patchouli "head shop" type fragrance that might have been popular in the 1960s. At this price, I would recommend the much more affordable Molinard Musc, which is nearly identical and 1/4 the price.
16th October, 2016
As a semi-sweet booze and currant scent with Ribena aspirations, Musc Nomade starts big and almost gourmand before settling into low-level powdery hum of a musk that desiccates over time. Once it’s calmed down, a cushion-like effect takes over and the scent feels like the olfactory equivalent of an alpaca blanket. It’s soft and quite powdery but with enough berry leaf remaining to anchor it as interesting. But as a musk fragrance, it’s PG-rated — disappointingly so.
05th March, 2015
A completely perplexing juice. When I first smelt it, it did nothing for me, I persisted, loved it briefly and then couldn't smell a thing, I tried again and adored it, next time it was gone again. I bought a bottle going cheaply on eBay and cursed myself for wasting money, then wore it again and rejoiced. Musc Nomade is a fickle friend.
I agree with other reviewers that the chemistry of it doesn't lend itself to the musk asnomics out there - my boyfriend (who seems not to be able to smell any synthetics at all) thought I was joking when I asked him to smell my wrist as he couldn't detect anything at all.
On the days it works, it really works: soft, warm, snuggly and a beautifully put together formulation; rosey, fuzzy and woody, sophisticated and gentle - that old "cashmere wrap" trope.
On the days it doesn't...Well, it just doesn't.
I hesitate to say this, but Khiel's Musk Oil does the job far more efficiently.

Update: Ok. I've completely changed my mind on this one. It's turned out to be a new favourite and an easy go-to office frag for days when I need comfort without having to "say" anything with my choice of perfume. It's so cosy. I apologise Musc Nomade, I judged you to early, you're lovely.
13th February, 2015 (last edited: 14th April, 2015)

Add your review of Musc Nomade

Shop for Musc Nomade products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Musc Nomade

There are no member images of Musc Nomade yet. Why not be the first?