Fat Electrician (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu

About Fat Electrician

Fat Electrician is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu

Fat Electrician fragrance notes

Reviews of Fat Electrician

One of the best ELdO fragrances to my nose, and one of the silliest perfume names ever. It's so damn ironic it's hard to tell if it's more funny/cool than lame or not. Although on a second thought, I like this name so much more than any of the "Sexy Lovebomb Pink Seductress Glitter Edition" stuff, so maybe it's not so bad after all. Better to be so ironic that it's getting silly than just outright dumb, right?

It smells of vetiver, lots of very realistic vetiver. I had a pleasure to smell some real vetiver oil, and it really smells like that - whether they used a real oil or an illusion of it here. It's beautiful, I like the smell. I don't get much resins or chestnut cream, but it smells very calming, outdoorsy and serene. It doesn't smell like any fat nor lean electricians I have ever met. It smells like freedom.
17th February, 2021 (last edited: 15th April, 2021)
Playdough Vetiver

I get rooty vetiver, almost ashy, but not quite. Below that is a gross plasticy playdough vanilla. Its a poorly done note. There is some blended spices in the far back, id suppose thats the frankincense and myrh, but it just reads as a tiny bit of spice rack whispering. The balance is off, though there arent really any sharp edges, the vetiver and vanilla do not mesh, and are sort of like two rocks sitting together. Not well done in my opinion.
10th September, 2020
I like vetiver, so this is a positive from me. Having said that, it is quite sweet, and sweeter than I prefer my vetiver fragrances. It's long lasting and very linear on my skin. Just a sweet vetiver from beginning to end. It took ages to finish my sample, because I like to wear this with a light hand. I do not need to repurchase.
19th March, 2020
It's taken me quite some time to come around to this one, as vetiver-centric scents are typically not my thing.

Having said that, this is a wonderful, unique fragrance. The vetiver is grassy and rooty and unadorned. There was no effort to make it smooth or suave...the best description would be "rooty".

After the initial blast comes the creamy centre, and it makes up for all its rawness. There are several notes listed, but FE is essentially vetiver + vanilla.

TS from "The Guide" sums it up nicely by comparing it to Caron Pour Un Homme, played with vetiver instead of lavender.

Another ELDO that takes a classic and twists it to a modern sensibility.
07th November, 2019
Vetiver accord, at first blast. Gone quickly. Chestnut, as a woody note - not as a creamy note. Green olive leaf. I smell some vanilla. I get something like leather. Kind of animalic on the back end (no pun intended). Overall this reminds me of something else in my wardrobe. It's nice. Not mind-numbingly orgasmic in any way, shape, or form - just nice. Vetiver, again reveals itself hours later.
09th October, 2018
Starts off heavy sweet vanilla and amber to the extent it is cloying reduces in intensity but remains qualitatively linear so that it is no longer offensive but neither is it pleasing. No vetiver to my nose. Almost a scrubber.

Fragrance: 5/10

Shop for Fat Electrician products online

Shop for Fat Electrician at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Etat Libre d'Orange 2ml Samples

US • Buy it now: USD 12.00.

Member images of Fat Electrician