Eau de Pamplemousse Rose (2009)
by Hermès

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose information

Year of Launch2009

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Eau de Pamplemousse Rose fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Kotori Show all reviews
[b]Eau de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermes[/b]
[b]Category[/b]: 2 Eau de Cologne type
[b]Rating[/b]: 4/5
[b]Longevity[/b]: 2/5

These early eaux from Hermes are all pretty admirable, with realistic citrus tops and a soft, mossy base. This one opens with a tart grapefruit, supported by a barely detectable rose, providing mostly structural support. After 10-20 minutes, the grapefruit is just a flavoring added to the blend. Finally a mossy/woody bade peeks out, and this is where it all lands. Its ultimate drydown strongly recalls 2015 Eau Sauvage.
19th January, 2020
Refreshing grapefruit drying down into delicate rise. Simple but no less artful for it. Slightly feminine - not much bass - could be great in the heat.
28th September, 2019
Hermés Eau de Pamplemousse Rose (2009) is as it sounds, a grapefruit eau de cologne with a hint of rose, and that's all there is to it on paper. Jean-Claude Ellena's oft-cited ode to grapefruit should be a surprise to no one familiar with the perfumer, and I do appreciate its consideration as a reference grapefruit scent, I just have a hard time appreciating something this simple. Ellena's extension of the Eau de Cologne/Eau d'Orange Vert (1979) is admirable, but this particular entry just feels like padding to me.

The opening and duration of Eau de Pampelmousse Rose is a ruby red grapefruit, juicy and fresh. People who love a mostly unadulterated grapefruit note need look no further. There is a speck of orange to tie it in with the series, but Eau de Pampelmousse Rose stays in this lane for all of its 3 hour max wear. I don't really get any noticeable rose, but I do get some dry woods/Iso E Super for skin retention and for what sillage is present, but nothing else. After shower, at the beach, or before bed are times to wear Eau de Pampelmousse Rose, for any lover of grapefruit.

Sometimes less is more but in this case, the focus isn't my cup of tea. I can appreciate single notes if I enjoy that note, and I walked into Eau de Pampelmousse Rose expecting at least half rose in the progression but instead got none. Simple and effective as a grapefruit eau to freshen up, Eau de Pampelmousse Rose just doesn't satisfy outside of its very narrow target, but I get why people appreciate this in the way I might look to a rose soliflore. This one is a neutral to me and this is likely one of the shortest reviews I've written. That's all folks.
14th May, 2019
Tried my sample sprayer a few times, then gave it away. I can like the smell of grapefruit, if blended well with other notes, but this is just grapefruit pure and simple. Bitter and sulphurous, and lasts for about five minutes. The best grapefruit scent to my nose is actually Hermes Eau de Rhubarbe Ecarlate, where it seems blended with rhubarb and rose.
17th December, 2017
Gold standard grapefruit.
Jean-Claude's reference haiku,
His most cited work.
16th November, 2017
Thumbs Up for a fresh, crisp, true-to-life grapefruit scent! The drydown is also quite fresh and clean. PERFECT for the office: My office perfume Grinch proclaimed it agreeable, and he's a hard one to please! :)

(Thumbs Down for a VERY quick fade out....After 2 hours I could barely smell on my skin at all.) For a Hermes scent with Hermes pricing, I expect a bit more, even from an EdT.

This will be a great summer scent though....perfect for nights out. I have a Scentbird travel spray bottle of this scent, so I can refresh as needed.

I find that I really enjoy most anything of JC Ellena's creations that I come across...This is a beauty!
31st March, 2016

Add your review of Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Shop for Eau de Pamplemousse Rose products online

Shop for Eau de Pamplemousse Rose at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

There are no member images of Eau de Pamplemousse Rose yet. Why not be the first?