Eau de Gentiane Blanche (2009)
by Hermès

Eau de Gentiane Blanche information

Year of Launch2009

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Eau de Gentiane Blanche

Eau de Gentiane Blanche is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Eau de Gentiane Blanche fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Gentiane Blanche

In the opening, this is one of the soapiest scents out there. It's up there with Prada l'Homme. Both remind of a classic white soap bar but then go their different ways.

Eau de Gentiane Blanche goes more towards an aloe vera like smell which is likely what the Gentiana flower smells like. Color wise, it would be a light (and later on very dark) green bar of soap whereas Prada l'Homme would be a light purple one.

I liked the opening of EdGB a lot but not the drydown because it turns pretty much a darkish green in the end and loses the soapy vibe for the most part. I'm actually doubting between neutral and negative now. I'll have to give it a thumbs down in spite of its very nice opening. The drydown is not something I want to be smelling like.
26th December, 2020
I love this fragrance. It’s very green, austere, and refined. It smells a bit like the skeletal remains of Grey Flannel. Every time I wear it, my children tell me I smell like green peppers.
26th February, 2020
When I first got this, it was the weirdest thing I'd ever smelled. (Now that honor goes to Chypre Mousse, but whatever.) And the weird was vegetal, and very very green, and cool, and refreshing; the olfactory equivalent of drinking gin from a hollowed out cucumber.

But over time, the weird faded. (I had a second hand bottle, so not sure how old it was, but I had it for about 4 years before using up the remaining 80 of 100 mL) It was still nice, but not really special. Kind of green, kind of vetiver, absolutely fine and lovely in summer, but it really lost its edge.

I finished the bottle happily, but will not repurchase this. If I came across a 2-4mL sample, I'd probably pick it up.
11th May, 2018
Green. Dark. Bitter. Unique. Elegant. Minimalist. Sophisticated. Austere. Sleek. Direct. Unfussy. Beautiful. I tried this first with a blind-buy of a travel sized shower gel. And I fell in love. I was slightly nauseous with desire until I got the cologne spray, and it did not disappoint. It opens with a punch of green bitterness that melts into a warm mix of iris (I know, unusual to describe iris as warm) and faint musk with an enduring whiff of cold dirt. On my skin the longevity is moderate, about 5 hours. Wearing this is like wearing a pair of impeccable black leather boots, in a room full of bright pink flip flops. Strange and lovely, this is a whisper that only the lucky can hear.
30th December, 2017 (last edited: 19th January, 2018)
The Young Sailor I by Henri Matisse 1906
08th August, 2017
A delightful mossy-woody scent. I would characterize it as resembling a vetiver scent, but without the vetiver! Eau de Gentiane Blanche is simple, clean, fresh, and predictable: A peppery light smoke experience that provides a healthy spiciness that isn't clouded with many other notes. Instantly fell in love with it upon sample, and now I proudly own a bottle.

If you want to try an atypical fragrance and may already like the other Hermes scents, definitely give this one a try!
29th October, 2016 (last edited: 02nd April, 2017)

Add your review of Eau de Gentiane Blanche

Shop for Eau de Gentiane Blanche products online

Shop for Eau de Gentiane Blanche at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Hermes eau de gentiane blanche 200ML

US • Buy it now: USD 120.00.

Member images of Eau de Gentiane Blanche

There are no member images of Eau de Gentiane Blanche yet. Why not be the first?