Armani Attitude Extreme (2009)
by Giorgio Armani

Armani Attitude Extreme information

Year of Launch2009
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseGiorgio Armani
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Armani Attitude Extreme

Armani Attitude Extreme is a masculine fragrance by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2009 and the bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Armani Attitude Extreme fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Attitude Extreme

Just got a bottle of Armani Attitude Extreme as a blind buy; I really liked the original Armani Attitude, and the reviews for the Extreme version seemed good enough as a whole before I went ahead and put down some big buck$ for this now discontinued scent.

Initial spray is a pleasantly peppery and spicy hit, having a brief splash of citrus that seems to fade pretty quickly. This is all smoothed down nicely with cedar and amber in the heart. Coffee was tough to pin down in my perceptions, but not so the patchouli.

As others have said, I get a creamy, semi-gourmand quality from Armani Attitude Extreme that reminds me of Rochas Man. (There's Fan di Fendi Assoluto, another discontinued scent that came five years after AAE, which smells 85% like it IMHO). Ultimately, AAE stays smooth, rich, and macho.

The original Attitude cologne is brighter and perceptively more aggressive than this flanker. That one has its place, drawing more attention in perhaps a more informal manner; the Extreme version waxes more formal night on the town, the original a louder club scent. And both do not smell like any of Armani's current fragrances (many of which I own and enjoy).

I'd say that paying the premium for a full bottle of Attitude Extreme was worth it (not something I can say of other such blind-buy purchases I made of rare / discontinued scents). If you can get your hands on a sample, that would be my recommendation in the end.
24th July, 2018
I was happy buy a bottle of this discontinued piece blindly after loving the original so much and seeing its warm reception, and in most ways, it's a good fragrance, but Armani Attitude Extreme doesn't quite stand up to the nuances of the original.

The original is coffee- and lavender-dominant to my nose with darker accords as well, like amber and patchouli.

Extreme takes the darker features and runs with them, still having the coffee and lavender that for me, defined the original, but they're far more muted in a much (predictably) darker mix that's a bit spicier as well. The anise in the Extreme also provides a certain bitterness that's not part of the original, that being the main note that's cited in Extreme but not the original.

It definitely opens a bit more acerbic and dries down into something mellower and smoother, more akin to a generic designer men's dark/winter fragrance than the original, which I find to be more like a contemporary niche boutique fragrance, not that such labels matter all that much, and I can see how by those descriptors, someone might prefer Extreme all the same.

Extreme performs well, like the original, especially as an EDT. If possible, though, I'd suggest sampling before buying, as Extreme strikes me as a substantial departure from the original, not just, say, a close relative. At least for now, pending a change of heart, it's a "like" not a "love" for me

7 out of 10
03rd February, 2017
Almost Niche-like .. Spectacular fragrance which i find shares absolutely nothing with the Original.
Dark, with depth and sophistication.
Not a very long lasting one alas above-average peformance but it does however make up for it with its intoxicating scent.
Don't know why it was discontinued, but i find this the best offering from Armanis entire mainstream line.

07th September, 2015 (last edited: 10th August, 2018)
Quite a class act, really (really!) similar to several niche scents playing the “dark spicy-patchouli card”. The thickness, the dark refinement, the velvety texture, it’s quite all there. And apparently, back then the “extreme” flanker of a fragrance still had some meaning: this smells in fact clearly connected to Armani Attitude, but as you may expect, drifting towards a darker, bolder version of it. The key notes – patchouli and dusty amber - are still there, but they’re just all “amplified” and made denser and gloomier, mostly thanks to a clever use of spices, something “nutty” I can’t detect more precisely (slightly balmy, like the balmy woody notes used in Escada Magnetism for Men) and a louder presence of musk. Attitude was smoother and smokier, this is richer, more “challenging” in a way, but also more sophisticated for me – just in a darker way, less versatile, less office-safe, maybe a bit harder to pull off. The “night” version of Attitude, shortly, made to please that “night” crowd instead of coworkers and daytime contacts. A sort of more mainstream version of Donna Karan Black Cashmere and similar fragrances, even with a touch of Norma Kamali’s metallic incense, and somehow “Lutensian” too thanks to something resinous and thick resembling to fir balsam, and to that balmy-nutty note. Crap longevity with a nearly-only ambery drydown, but worthy a try.

7-7,5/10
12th June, 2015
Salutation.

An Alluring Oriental!It smells more Deep,Elegant and Irresistible than
predecessor Version and also has a Strong Character than it.Definitely a Lovely Winter scent. In other words Spicy,Powerful,Sophisticated,Seductive, Ultra Masculine and Full of Style.

In the Begining A Impetuous and spicy mix of manly notes like Coffe encompasses My nose and Then Emerged an Romantic and Charming note with a Special Warmth of Patchouli and Amber as it is intoxicating all Senses.This Mixture Creative a fragrance for a Strong man who want to be noticed.

This ARMANI EDT is Great for Special Occasions and Intimate moments.I get so many Compliments by it however i bought it new.It Makes you Feel that you want to Inhale it All Night.Without Doubt this is Reserved for a Bold Chaeacter.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?+6 hours on my skin.

7.5/10
16th December, 2014
This would have to be the biggest piece of garbage I have in my collection but nowhere near the cheapest. I paid about $100 for this as a blind buy when I was on holidays and drunk. Worst $100 I ever spent!!!! This stuff is just trash, way too powdery. Powdery powdery powdery! Enough said!!
25th June, 2014

Add your review of Armani Attitude Extreme

Shop for Armani Attitude Extreme products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Armani Attitude Extreme

There are no member images of Armani Attitude Extreme yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Armani Attitude Extreme