Night Scented Stock (1976)
by Penhaligon's

Night Scented Stock information

Year of Launch1976
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HousePenhaligon's
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchSheila Pickles

About Night Scented Stock

Relaunched as part of the Penhaligon's Anthology range in 2009.

Night Scented Stock fragrance notes

Reviews of Night Scented Stock

rbaker Show all reviews
Spice - that is the word. Florals too. Cinnamon is the one that hits my nose first. Soon a headstrong lily and a fresh young clove is added in. A creative start.

Drydown - here the sweet florals rule, with a surprisingly bright violet joining an equally bright, elegant and slim ylang-ylang that lacks any heaviness or creaminess in me. A jasmine - in the background - and whiffs of a faint vetiver - appear, but the spicy side experiences a brief resurgence in a smooth heliotrope impression.

The base is again sweet owing to a tonka that is laden with white musks, and a woodsy - sandal wood but awfully faint besides the generic wood - note that is given a bit more depth by weak some benzoin.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection, and four hours if longevity on my skin.

The opening and the start of the drydown of this scent for warmer spring days are the best phases in the development of this olfactory sojourn. Many of the ingredients do not come to full fruition here, bit the ones who do are nice, and there are original moments in it. The brusque and early cutting off ofter only a few hours is a surprise. 3/5.
17th December, 2020
To my nose, Night Scented Stock is halfway between Caron's Poivre (powdery carnation and cloves) and Old Spice (powdery meaty clove). There's not a lot behind the core smell of powder and clove/carnation, save for a touch of bubblegummy jasmine and a nondescript soapy base.

I enjoy scents like this and own a bottle, though I'm quite aware that this is essentially just a slightly more feminine version of Old Spice.
29th October, 2017
Penhaligon’s Night Scented Stock
Nature’s Scented Bath

This is the first morning of creation.

As the waxy veil of sleep lifts from my eyes, I can see a million tears of joy glistening from the multitude of flowers, bathing in the warmth of the sun on this first day on Earth. The fresh air is scented by the fragrance of ‘Bunga Kenanga’ (Malay for ylang-ylang flower) - constantly perfusing every living thing around with purity and beauty.

It is a single note scent that feels like soap from heaven, clean and soft, without the eye-stinging pungency. It goes on and on, emanating with constant strength, from the first light of day till night falls on all beings below Heaven.

What joy this is, to walk out of the bath and into the bath again, continuously.

Alas, the Queen of the Night reigns in state.

See Teik Guan
Betel Nut Chronicles
29th August, 2014
This is a really good fragrance, as I write this I can smell Jasmine as the heart notes kick in. It may be a little too floral for most men, but I love it.
06th January, 2012
Odysseusm is right on the money - This is a lovely multi-floral scent, with spices up front and restrained patchouli/vanilla basenotes. I really like this one a lot, and it *is* my style, though I am not going to be going for a full bottle at this point, because I have an embarrassment of fragrance riches! A wonderful scent that I definitely recommend for anyone who likes spicy florals that tend toward 'natural garden' more than 'oriental.' Nicely done!
22nd November, 2011
A lovely floral feminine scent. Some good spicy notes in the beginning. Very sweet and pretty, a blend of many floral notes. Quite weighty in character but natural smelling. Not cloying. The dry-down is interesting, some woody and earthy notes there. The vanilla and patchouli are restrained, not foreground. Not my style but I can appreciate it.
19th July, 2011

Add your review of Night Scented Stock

Shop for Night Scented Stock products online

Shop for Night Scented Stock at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Night Scented Stock

There are no member images of Night Scented Stock yet. Why not be the first?