Fille en Aiguilles (2009)
by Serge Lutens

Fille en Aiguilles information

Year of Launch2009

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Creative DirectorSerge Lutens
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Fille en Aiguilles

Fille en Aiguilles is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Fille en Aiguilles fragrance notes

Reviews of Fille en Aiguilles

From January, 2015

A classic winter fragrance with a thick and rich pine tree and sap aroma. This one's not paired up with citrus notes so it doesn't have that brighter aspect to it. Instead the dried fruits in the heart give it a sweet, syrupy consistency. The color of the juice (dark red) seems an accurate representation of what's inside. I don't find the incense very strong (as it is in Wazamba, for example). While it's there for sure, it doesn't dominate at any point and instead lends a smokey/ashy accent. Projection is close to the skin, longevity is very good. I like Fille en Aiguilles but I only wear it a couple times a year, as it's kind of a one-trick pony to me. If you like this, definitely check out "Winter," by DASEIN, which presents a similar style in a brighter white and yellow hue.

Thumbs up for sure, but sample first, as this might not be for everyone.
13th August, 2019
This is one of my top 3 all-time fragrances. I love experimenting with the Serge Lutens line. I find them unique, intriguing, and of very good quality. Of all the SL fragrances I've tried, this is hands down the very best (my second favorite is Chergui).
A very rich, dark, resinous pine dominant scent with a lingering sticky, stewed fruit note. I'm not a huge fan of pine in most fragrances but SL hits a home run with this one.
Perfectly blended, incredible longevity, and just the right sillage. Thumbs up all around. Very happy to own this one.
25th April, 2019
Deep pine & dark vetiver. Thick notes. Enchanted forest, at night. Earthy feel close to the skin, comes moments later - very dark earth. Dark, balsamic evergreen vibe. Quite linear for awhile. This is good stuff. Right up my alley, as a favorite style of perfume. Dark and wintry like.

I get candied, dried fruit later. It mingles with the earthy incense, as the forest accord settles and mellows. There is a hint of spice for which I can't identify. The incense smolders, then lessens. Tames. This frag becomes powdery, for me. Dry. Overall a very lovely oriental-style. Worth a try!
08th April, 2019
This is a fantastic juice from Serge Lutens. Starts with a strong woody pine essence with sweetness and spice. Not a complete "tree" scent nor to my nose is this potpurri, like some might think. I really like this and if it had just a bit of a gourmand feel this would be Christmas in a bottle. I would say try before you buy due to this not being for everyone. I find it full bottle worthy(which I have). Enjoy!
23rd August, 2018
Beautifully resinous. Gives the impression of frankincense and pine needles being thrown in the fireplace. Warm, cozy, inviting, comforting...all good things for the winter. A huge love for the deep winter holiday season.

Sillage is soft to moderate at about within 3-4 feet.
Lasting power is on the weak side of moderate at about 4 hours (out of dauber on dry skin in a dry climate).

29th December, 2017
This opens with a Frankincense and pine blast, with a strange sweetness almost like maple syrup. within 1/2 hr. it dries down to more pine, spice and a warmth that is incredibly complex. I LOVE this fragrance!
01st June, 2017