Fille en Aiguilles (2009)
by Serge Lutens

Fille en Aiguilles information

Year of Launch2009

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Creative DirectorSerge Lutens
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Fille en Aiguilles

Fille en Aiguilles is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Fille en Aiguilles fragrance notes

Reviews of Fille en Aiguilles

This might be my all time favorite scent. It smells super dry and very natural. I am from Seattle and it really brings me into the pine tree trails I miss so much. It gives me a dose of those forest visits from my past, something well needed here in the concrete mazes of Brooklyn.

It smells like the end of a hot summer and an afternoon walk into the forest. I have gone off-trail to sit on the warm earth covered with dried pine needles, looking up I see the tree tops and the sky above. The dried pine needles on the ground are eminating their captured heat and aroma into the air around me.

Sizzling pine needles, pine sap, something sweet - maybe vanilla, and the edge of frankinsense cutting through - elevating my senses to the sky, making it a bit more intense.

This scent is warm and comforting. It is instantly recognizable as something unique and probably expensive. Countless compliments and happy people around me wanting to get closer lol. The sillage is powerful but not pointed and it lasts, seeping into your skin and clothes. Its dry down brings out those pine needles like a dried rusty colored pine tree branch baking in the sun. lovely lovely lovely. So special and daring. Lasts for hours.
16th January, 2021
Sweet pine sap with that typical Lutens syrupy, dense structure.

Nice, but as usual with Serge Lutens creations, I find it a bit thick and one dimensional. A more translucent take on this theme would thrill me.
12th November, 2020
From January, 2015

A classic winter fragrance with a thick and rich pine tree and sap aroma. This one's not paired up with citrus notes so it doesn't have that brighter aspect to it. Instead the dried fruits in the heart give it a sweet, syrupy consistency. The color of the juice (dark red) seems an accurate representation of what's inside. I don't find the incense very strong (as it is in Wazamba, for example). While it's there for sure, it doesn't dominate at any point and instead lends a smokey/ashy accent. Projection is close to the skin, longevity is very good. I like Fille en Aiguilles but I only wear it a couple times a year, as it's kind of a one-trick pony to me. If you like this, definitely check out "Winter," by DASEIN, which presents a similar style in a brighter white and yellow hue.

Thumbs up for sure, but sample first, as this might not be for everyone.
13th August, 2019
This is one of my top 3 all-time fragrances. I love experimenting with the Serge Lutens line. I find them unique, intriguing, and of very good quality. Of all the SL fragrances I've tried, this is hands down the very best (my second favorite is Chergui).
A very rich, dark, resinous pine dominant scent with a lingering sticky, stewed fruit note. I'm not a huge fan of pine in most fragrances but SL hits a home run with this one.
Perfectly blended, incredible longevity, and just the right sillage. Thumbs up all around. Very happy to own this one.
25th April, 2019
Deep pine & dark vetiver. Thick notes. Enchanted forest, at night. Earthy feel close to the skin, comes moments later - very dark earth. Dark, balsamic evergreen vibe. Quite linear for awhile. This is good stuff. Right up my alley, as a favorite style of perfume. Dark and wintry like.

I get candied, dried fruit later. It mingles with the earthy incense, as the forest accord settles and mellows. There is a hint of spice for which I can't identify. The incense smolders, then lessens. Tames. This frag becomes powdery, for me. Dry. Overall a very lovely oriental-style. Worth a try!
08th April, 2019
This is a fantastic juice from Serge Lutens. Starts with a strong woody pine essence with sweetness and spice. Not a complete "tree" scent nor to my nose is this potpurri, like some might think. I really like this and if it had just a bit of a gourmand feel this would be Christmas in a bottle. I would say try before you buy due to this not being for everyone. I find it full bottle worthy(which I have). Enjoy!
23rd August, 2018