Pure Gold (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Pure Gold

Pure Gold is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Pure Gold

Interesting floral scent. Starts off unisex but ultimately falls into feminine territory for me. The florals are light and pleasant. Not stinky at all.

Surprisingly subtle performance from this Montale. Light projection throughout but does have decent longevity. Lasts most of the day but at low volume.
18th October, 2020
I have really enjoyed getting to know Pure Gold - it's become a fast favorite in the weeks I've gotten to know it, as it's one of those rare perfumes that just makes me smile happily when I smell it.

It's got gourmand elements, but equally balanced with bright florals, so it doesn't doesn't just smell like a dessert. On me, it smells like slightly burnt caramel and butter played against a honeyed, pollen-laden floral (I'm assuming mimosa) and Tang orange-flavored drink mix. It kind of smells like popcorn, but in a good way. Honestly, this should be a horrific mess (seriously, that fake orange ruins almost everything it touches but shines here), but somehow gets the balance just right and ends up gorgeous. Thumbs way up!
07th September, 2020
Less pungent than other Montale frags I've tried. Sweet syrup. Big punch of fruit. Apricot stands out. There's some slight, sharp greenish Neroli and jasmine that shows after the sweetness settles. Good mix here ultimately. If the top lasted longer I'd be more excited.

Jasmine note increases with time. It becomes more floral, less "greenish". A hint of musk and patchouli (more usual suspects as base notes) reveal themselves. Pinch of the usual vanilla, too. Another nicely done, safe fragrance.
15th February, 2019
riso Show all reviews
Apparently, I tried two different versions of Pure Gold. The first one (a decant from MUA friend) was a dense, opulent woody floral with a rich patchouli note. I was smitten, bought a bottle on E-bay - big disappointment! I thought I bought a fake one. After getting a decant from another MUAer and getting a sample from Lucky Scent I found out that my bottle didn't have an extra shot and the decant did. I wish Montale was more clear about his scents...
27th September, 2010

A discreet fruity / light floral scent, nicely composed, nicely balanced between fruit and florals – I can’t quite distinguish the particular fruit and floral notes because it presents itself so lightly to my nose. Pure Gold smells a bit soapy and ends up with a light aura of white musk and a soft vanilla. It’s not the kind of fragrance that I admire but it might be one for a person who desires a soft, well-made, feminine fruity floral.

07th June, 2010
bbBD Show all reviews
As far as fruity florals go, Pure Gold is a very fine example. Unlike the typical designer offering Pure Gold is restrained and classy, and Montale obviously employs good materials in production. This isn't a groundbreaking fruity floral but it's certainly worthwhile. I get quite a bit of jasmine and mandarin, but the composition is not overly sweet. For a fragrance that contains mandarin, and neroli it is not a citrus overload - the orange blossom adds enough 'green' to tamper that sweetness. After an hour or so a touch of light, musky patchouli enters the picture, but the orange-ish central accord never fully recedes.

Pure Gold isn't something I'd reach for or purchase, but if you're looking for a restrained fruity floral with very good longevity give this a check.
23rd December, 2009

Add your review of Pure Gold

Shop for Pure Gold products online

Shop for Pure Gold at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Pure Gold

There are no member images of Pure Gold yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads