Grey Vetiver (2009)

SupplierFirmenich
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Grey Vetiver

Grey Vetiver is a masculine fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Harry Fremont

Reviews of Grey Vetiver

On first application the bright citrus-leaning opener feels clean and clear, but fairly innocuous. On dry-down I get notes that remind me of Barbasol. It's comforting to an extent, a fatherly scent that feels grown up, but at times it feels generically like a classic albeit top-self "men's hygiene" scent. As the perfume fades through the evening, I'm left with a simple powdery note that softly endures on the skin. The sort of scent that might pull me closer to someone else, but not a scent for my wardrobe.
22nd January, 2021
apsyhn Show all reviews
The best vetiver scent I've found so far!

I DO prefer a non-linear fragrance but here the vetiver and grapefruit are nice until close. It could project a bit longer but I'll forgive that.
01st December, 2020
Smells pleasant at first, but after 8 hours of linearness, my stomach turns from something deep down sickly sweet. It's not noticeable at first, but it's just too much, even in an office environment and out of the heat.

Between this and the Platinum Egoiste, it's getting hard to find a summer resistant office friendly scent that doesn't turn my stomach...

For vetiver, I'll stick with Kenzo Air Intense and Lalique Encre Noir.
13th February, 2020
Perfect office/formal fragrance. Really clean, soapy, 'out of the shower' vibes, but still masculine. Subtle fragrance, but longevity is still pretty great on my skin.
06th December, 2019
I've been sitting on this review for quite a while. I don't get a lot from Grey Vetiver. Bright citric opening and bare minimum vetiver drydown. This is the club soda of fragrances. Even if it is the best club soda, I hate club soda. Thumbs down.
20th November, 2019
This is the best Vetiver cologne I have tried so far with one exception which is an aftershave so technically this holds the title.
I came to this one because the best ever is Fine Fresh Vetiver Aftershave by Fine Accoutrements. FA clones well known fragrances and sells them as aftershaves. EG FA platinum is almost identical to Creed Aventus. Green Vetiver = Guerlain Vetiver.
I love Fine Fresh Vetiver as it is fresh clean and masculine without any of that dampness you find with most vetivers. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver is almost i-d-e-n-t-c-a-l on opening just a touch less fresh then hovers and settles on the fresh side of Guelrain's Vetiver Extreme which is the best of Guerlain's variants. TF is therefore the most wearable one yet unless you want keep on splashing FA FFV every hour throughout the day. Why they can't do a cologne is beyond me.As for comparisons to Roja Dover Vetiver Parfum Pour Homme then don't even go there. Roja has more depth, longevity, woodiness and class. Tom Ford is great for the price but Roja is the pinnacle.

Fragrance : 7.5-8.5 (the latter is the opening) FA FFV gets 8.75 for all the half hour it lasts.
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
10th May, 2019 (last edited: 18th June, 2020)

Add your review of Grey Vetiver

Shop for Grey Vetiver products online

Shop for Grey Vetiver at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver 3.4oz EDP BNIB!!!

US • Buy it now: USD 119.99.

tom ford

US • Current Price: USD 65.00.

Member images of Grey Vetiver