Cologne pour le Matin (2009)
by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Cologne pour le Matin information

Year of Launch2009

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Cologne pour le Matin

Cologne pour le Matin is a shared / unisex perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Cologne pour le Matin fragrance notes

Reviews of Cologne pour le Matin

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is a combination of a lovely bergamot with an equally nice citrus-lemon note. They are not refreshing blasts, but more invigorating breezes and nonetheless exuding a discrete brightness.

The drydown develops with pleasant lavender core, which is not spectacular but still very agreeable, and a floral herbal matrix - iris, thyme, hints greenness - provide some additional facets. These heart notes are agreeable albeit not particularly exciting. There is not much development after that, and these notes are fading out gently.

The performance is decent with moderate sillage, adequate projection and eight hours of longevity.

This summery scent creates a bit of a conundrum: whilst clearly not a bad product, the second part is not really rising above pleasant mediocrity and so this is not deserving an unequivocal thumbs-up. The first fresh-ish part, however, is nice, and the fact that it lasts for over half the time of the development on me makes me push it - just - across the line to a barely positive score. 3/5.
20th July, 2016
Another member gave me a sample during a trade, and I thought I'd made a review for it but apparently did not.

Cologne pour le Matin is a very Thyme and Lavender heavy scent. The White Thyme is much sharper and stronger than what I have growing in my garden right now, as is the Lavender.

Lemon/Bergamot exist in the background, but are never prominent since the florals bully their way to the front of every stage of this scent.

There are much better cologne-styled fragrances.
01st August, 2014
Lime accented citrus of little distinction – charming and refreshing for all of 30 seconds after which thyme in the mix gives it a curious dry skin meets medicated emollient smell. Gah! Fortunately has poor projection.
26th July, 2014
Interesting opening that reminds me of a tequila shot with salt and lemon. As it dries down, there is an iris-y orange blossom note then flinty amber and musk that reminds me of clothes just out of the dryer. Another comparison to L'Eau d"Hiver is apt. Great longevity. I work in retail fragrance and sprayed it on in the morning. As I walked home in the cold at the end of a slow day, I was astonished that it was still there.
08th January, 2014 (last edited: 13th March, 2014)
Tony T Show all reviews
Simple Lemon/floral

My 400th review!!

Very lame imo from MFK..

a blast of lemon/bergamot then the base is thyme..

I am not a fan of thyme..

Smells like a Diptyque..

Pros: Nice opening
Cons: too much thyme,overall ok scent not very niche"

09th October, 2013

Wanted to love this after a gorgeous lemon opening but the middle notes have an overly soapy saltyness to them that stifles the florals.
28th September, 2012

Add your review of Cologne pour le Matin

Shop for Cologne pour le Matin products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Cologne pour le Matin

There are no member images of Cologne pour le Matin yet. Why not be the first?

Cologne pour le Matin News