Costume National Homme (2009)
by Costume National

Costume National Homme information

Year of Launch2009

HouseCostume National
PerfumerDominique Ropion
PackagingEnnio Capasa
Parent CompanyBeauty San Spa

About Costume National Homme

Costume National Homme is a masculine fragrance by Costume National. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Dominique Ropion. The bottle was designed by Ennio Capasa

Reviews of Costume National Homme

Now that I've retired, I keep running into these scents that would be great for work and this is another one.

A strong spicy scent but subdued enough to be versatile. Really love the spicy cinnamon and cloves in this. That combo sounds old fashioned, but this is a very modern scent.

Nice longevity with spicy little wafts all day.

Sort of in the neighborhood of Egoiste but much more dry and simpler.
05th July, 2020
Reading the reviews I'm surprised nobody mentions the grapefruit. To me this is the predominant note. This in totality is a dry citrus herbal fragrance. Its a spicy and herbal frag. Lasts quite a long time. Projection average.
05th September, 2019
very nice pleasant citrusy opening...gets spiced up with cinnamon and cloves...then, it's all about wood...like being back in woodshop...to me, perfectly spiced and kind of laid back...sort of reminds me of Jubilation XXV without the incense...pretty strong projection and lasts for a long time...just a wee little touch of sweetness...not a bad sandalwood note in this one...nicely blended...love wearing this...
20th March, 2019
To me this smells like dried fruit and candied peppermint & lavender with a fringe edge of fig playing on the periphery. There is a very small amount of clove playing in there and perhaps that is what is giving this the sweet backdrop that doesn't cloy too much. This scent does threaten to overwhelm but doesn't somehow. I highly advise not overspraying due to this nature of having an already strong base.

I'm surprised no one mentions the candied peppermint note that, for me, is quite clearly there. Also there is a touch of lavender in there IMO. This is a 5-star out of 5-star fragrance for me. The only weakness is that it seems to be a bit too strong in some senses. It could use a bit more of a reserved touch and it would be without any fault.
20th February, 2019
This one's a bit special!!

A lovely mixture of fresh & spicy. The nutmeg, clove and cinnamon can be overwhelming for some but for a big fan of spice they are heavenly to this nose. They do settle down after the first hour or so. What you are left with on the dry down is a nice spicy sandalwood. The dry down kind of reminds me of Tam Dao EDP with some added spice.

A real attention grabber and undeniably masculine.

09th February, 2019 (last edited: 06th November, 2019)
spicy masterpiece .clove nutmeg cinnamon
one of the best niche scents.
09th January, 2019