Idylle (2009)

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Idylle

Idylle is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Idylle fragrance notes

Reviews of Idylle

Idylle is a lovely little delicate floral, beautifully done, with no raspy notes or sharp edges. It’s better suited to summer and spring wear. I wish I discovered this ten years ago when I started becoming seriously interested in perfume and was still in my 20s. It feels like a younger fragrance, but it’s not like many mainstream releases today that are aimed at young women. It’s classy and sophisticated, and really can be pulled off by a woman of any age, though there’s definitely an innocence to it. This is a perfume that is easy to wear and will offend no one, and is perfect for an office environment. I’m tempted to buy a bottle since it can currently be found at discounters for so cheap, and soon will no longer be available anywhere in the cute gold teardrop-shaped bottle.

I sampled the EDP formulation in the original gold bottle - I would be worried about longevity with the EDT as the EDP has only moderate longevity.
05th July, 2020
I remember being fairly unimpressed by Idylle when it came out, but now giving it a try again, I'm quite enjoying it. I think it's because I've learned to appreciate powdery scents in the years since.

Idylle is a nice white-flowers smell, heavy on the lily but with noticeable jasmine as well. It's powdery and soapy and clean and also creamy and sweet with vanilla, but with subtle indoles and a sour green streak acting as a counterpoint to all the clean elements, creating the illusion of a chypre in the background.

In a way, it's unremarkable - another nice lily perfume - but the attention to detail (the way the indoles fuse with the greens and the vanilla gives this a remarkable depth often missing in this sort of perfume), earns it a thumbs up.
01st November, 2018
I love this delicate perfume. When I wear Idyll, I can smell the softest touch of musk, rose and freesias (my favorite floral scent now, and the search of which is what drew me to the fragrance). Mainly however - for whatever the reason - this perfume reminds me of pears. It lasts for a few hours then gently drops away, which is brilliant, as then it doesn't prove too overwhelming.
25th October, 2018
Floral opening for a floral fragrance... First the freesia takes prominence to my nose – it’s a soft freesia note… less sharp than most freesias and more complex than the freesias that I’m used to because of the softening effects of lily of the valley and jasmine – quite white floral. This floral opening lasts for an impressive length and I quite enjoy it more than most freesia accords I’ve encountered. I’m afraid I don’t feel that the accord is very natural, but I do enjoy it.

When the rose enters, it, too, comes on softly, and lasts well. A little cooler than the opening freesia, the rose seems to flow naturally from the opening accord. The rose note is not a grabber, but it is adequately competent as rose notes go.

The base retains the fragrance’s strong-but-descrete floral character combined with a subtle white musk… if there’s patchouli present, I don’t smell it. The base is even softer than the prier levels. Idylle is a pleasant, softly feminine sort of fragrance – one that would serve beautifully as a background rather than an attention-getter. Cleanly structured, beautifully performing in its subtlety and longevity.

19th December, 2016
Salutation.

From Artistic Bottle until Enchanting scent GUERLAIN knows what a lady wants and again a Respectable perfume with Perfect balance between Classic&Modern and a Bottle like a pure Jewel. Graceful,Feminine,Impressive,Floral,Fresh and Elegant.

Rich opening.This scent is a contrast between different flowers but Rose is sublime.It remindes me A little MAGNIFIQUE but this is GUERLAIN style a Particular style that not for Everyone.It makes Perfect harmony with a beautiful black dress and sparkly Jewels.

In my opinion IDYLLE is one of those you would not leave your wrist because You are addict with it.I would recommend it yo any Lady who is Looking for a Classy and Attractive scent for SPECIAL moments.Suitable for AUTUMN/SPRING and a Great surprise for Present too.

Sillage?Noticeable.

Longevity?One word Great.

Thank You GUERLAIN.

13th June, 2015
Got this as a Christmas present for my wife. She loves it, I love it on her, very happy with it. It's just an absolutely lovely fragrance, definitely feminine with a gentle grace and beauty, but avoiding being girly-girl teenie-bopper bubbly and/or overly sweet. It's elegent in a very unassuming way of simply being what it is. To me, a very attractive fragrance. This alongside Chanel Allure are my absolute favorites on my wife.
30th January, 2015

Add your review of Idylle

Shop for Idylle products online

Shop for Idylle at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Idylle

There are no member images of Idylle yet. Why not be the first?