Balenciaga Paris (2010)

HouseBalenciaga
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Balenciaga Paris

Balenciaga Paris is a feminine perfume by Balenciaga. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Reviews of Balenciaga Paris

While this fragrance is not groundbreaking, I do think it's generally quite underrated, particularly among violet fragrances. As a violet lover I have test-driven many violet perfumes in search of the perfect violet soliflore. Annick Goutal's La Violette was too sugary-sweet, L'Artisan's Verte Violette smelled like cucumber water, Nicolai's Violettes in Love sounded perfect, but had a sharp synthetic/chemical note that ruined it for me. Borsari's Violetta di Parma was nice, but lacked refinement and elegance and now seems hard to find. Serge Lutens Bois de Violette is wonderful, but there is too much cedar for it to be considered a violet soliflore. Enter Balenciaga Paris.

I luckily tried it at Sephora when it came out, otherwise I don't think this one would have turned up in my search for a violet-centred perfume I could love.

Balenciaga Paris is a seemingly simple perfume in that there is little else but violet that can be smelled, however if you are a violet lover, this perfume is unique because of what it is not. It is not a green earthy violet, nor is it a moody, dusty violet, nor is it a candied, sweet violet. It a light, almost sheer floral violet, slightly cool, with just a tinge of a metallic edge, surrounded by an ever so light musky, woody accord. It is minimalist in character and to call it 'violet musk' would not be inaccurate. It is both light and expansive; it is one of those fragrance that creates a soft aura around the wearer, and others will often smell it when you think it is not present. It is beautiful to wear in the spring.

So far I have not encountered a violet perfume that satisfies my basic violet itch as well as this one does. It is also approachable, easy to wear, office friendly, and while there's an elegance to it, it can also be worn with jeans and a t-shirt. It may be the perfect violet perfume.
08th June, 2020 (last edited: 16th June, 2020)
Floral and woody.
Touch of bitterness.
Greenish carnation.
Patchouli and cedar are smashed together.
Then, the patchouli begins to shine on its own.
Violet appears. Not too powdery. Not sweet either. It is a pretty room filled with many bouquets of heirloom blooms. It isn't ultra-feminine but, feminine enough for a lady of any age.
11th November, 2018
Balenciaga Paris is not a powerhouse, it traces femininity through a focussed scent. The fragrance's opening notes are warm and inviting, but begin immediately to cool to a violet heart...being female is like that, all present but emotionally meditative. An excellent, pure fragrance.
26th December, 2017
Salutation.

A contagious beauty that is free and graceful. BALENCIAGA PARIS is a contemporary vision,a different dream for the mademoiselle who seeks to grace herself with a fragrance that is an powdery,elegant,ethereal light.in other words:Clean,Refreshing,Modern,Floral, Charming,Delightful,Sophisticated,Adorable,Well Balanced and Gorgeous.

This fresh chypre captivates with a subtle association between violet,violet leaf,carnation. mixing delicately with the deoth of patchoiuli and cedar,it evokes refinement and timeless taste and makes a pure elixir that is more delicate than the breath of a kiss.i love the dry down.a great choice for everyday use in springtime for a chic Parisian lady.

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?About 5 hours on my skin.

15th July, 2015
On the plus side, I like "old lady" fragrances
This one smells like a throwback from the past for sure
Very dressing room, very powdery, very we're- going- out- on- the- town tonight
Plus I absolutely love violet and chypre scents.
These scents are only second to my first love gardenia.

Now the bad news: it's very cold and synthetic
It does not warm up on my skin like other violet scents do-violetta di parma, for instance
Even Agustin Reyes' royal violets has more complexity and warmth.
I wish for a little more depth, a little more musky notes, or even a dash of real patchouli I think would help.

Overall not terrible but there are better violet frags out there.

I recently layered this with Jovan's White Musk. I find that adds precisely what I am looking for.
18th March, 2015 (last edited: 25th March, 2015)
I am new to this and just learning how to discern notes.What I can say is that I have received more compliments about this perfume than I can count. I love Chanel 22 and have worn it consistently, but was looking for something a little more playful for summer...I think I found it.
28th June, 2014