English Pear & Freesia (2010)
by Jo Malone London

English Pear & Freesia information

Year of Launch2010

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerChristine Nagel
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About English Pear & Freesia

English Pear & Freesia is a feminine perfume by Jo Malone London. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

English Pear & Freesia fragrance notes

Reviews of English Pear & Freesia

Light boozy carbonated pears swinging around with a bouquet of fresh flowers. The first burst is almost like a nice cold fruity beer, sparkling wine or some sort of sweet champagne that will take your brain to a festive mood (for a second at least).

The dry down is quite musky on my skin, patchouli also makes its way across the initial happy cocktail party mentioned, becoming a nice clean-showery scent with delicate projection. It lacks longevity on me, but you can overspray your clothes to make it last longer.

Addictive, perfect for fall, specially to bright those cloudy gray days you just don’t want to leave home.

08th December, 2020
This reminds me of a more sophisticated version of the Freesia scent from Bath & Body Works that was popular in the 90s. I don't get much pear at all. It's pleasant, but Jo Malone London has many much better and more distinctive fragrances.
12th October, 2020
Hema Show all reviews
For a while I enjoyed this fragrance as a refreshing and uplifting addition to my wardrobe. We have many moods and a scent for each one seems natural enough. However, two years later I have become weary of the pear and freesia. The after-musk is pleasant enough and it had more meaning when combined with the anise and cardamom scent of the same house. A fun little foray but I won't be revisiting.
15th May, 2017
Gauzy, almost aquatic, floral with a decent throw but a true pear note would have made it special. Alas, despite the suggestibility induced in the wearer by the name, one would be hard pressed to locate something resembling pear in a blind test. There’s a bit of a ‘fruit nectar’ quality about the composition, that’s as close as we get.
Instead there’s a decent, quite rosy, freesia that is carried aloft on airy musks – a simple, refreshing thing that cannot shake off associations of shampoo perhaps but will appeal to those for whom perfume is a functional ‘nice smell’ rather than a passion.
09th December, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Another pure and gentle fragrance without surprises: very nice pear with freesias added, all pretty much even, giving the fruit a discretely floral note without making this fragrance overly sweet. Patchouli stays inthe background, giving is some additional depth. The projection is all right but the silage poor, but unite decent longevity of nearly three hours. Not exciting but good quality and of some endurance.
28th September, 2012
After trying this one a few times I am wondering, is it more difficult to balance a fragrance when it is composed of so few notes? My initial impression was lovely pear (I love!) accompanied by a little freesia. Perfection... then the pear completely disappears (fairly quickly, I might add) and I'm left with freesia.(Where's the patchouli???) It remained very close to the skin as a slightly cloying freesia for too, too long. An unfulfilled promise.
04th March, 2011

Add your review of English Pear & Freesia

Shop for English Pear & Freesia products online

Shop for English Pear & Freesia at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of English Pear & Freesia

There are no member images of English Pear & Freesia yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to English Pear & Freesia