Zen for Men (2009)

HouseShiseido
PerfumerFrançoise Caron
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Zen for Men

Zen for Men is a masculine fragrance by Shiseido. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Francis Kurkdjian and Françoise Caron

Zen for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Zen for Men

CoL Show all reviews
I am completely confused about all the negative comments on this fragrance! I really don't get anything synthetic, I smelled a skillfully blended unusual aromatic/citric/bitter/sweet wow of a fragrance! I have over 2000 so I have a very busy nose and I'm not a fan of overly synthetic fragrances as it's very rare that they are pulled off well. Mugler could do it (now that he's handed over control I doubt this will continue). Big thumbs up here!
09th August, 2016
Seriously???? Not worth a purchase. Very cheap smell
15th June, 2012
Very obvious and mainstream. I have smelled it before somewhere. If you want something cheaper and much more rewardfing to the nose stick to Joop Jump.
11th October, 2011
Synthetic fruit juice like thousands other drugstore scents. Pass.
23rd July, 2011
I like this one and the more I wear it, the more soothing and relaxing I find it to be. It's no Basala and is more mainstream than I would like it to be but it doesn't deserve the bashing it gets in my opinion.

The opening is fruity and fresh. The unique nashi note is clearly there. The fragrance does become louder afterwards with the heart notes. The combination of the violets and the musk is apparent from the beginning, which reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez for him (by Kurkdjian, of course). The nutmeg gives it a soft and warm feel and I enjoy this spice in fragrances for this reason. I'm not sure what rhododendron is supposed to smell like, however, and can't identify it.

There is a slight smokiness that develops midway and I suspect it's part of the otherwise muted leather note that rises up slowly but what's more noticeable to me is the musk again. It is sweet and not animalic. The patchouli is part of the profile but takes a back seat here. It only shines more in warmer temperatures.

I also get a slight vanillic sweetness in the base (or maybe the nutmeg is still at work). It could also be Shiseido's "calming" signature note that reportedly is used here. Whatever it is, it gives the scent a particular Japanese feel. One of the most interesting aspects of this scent is that the sweetness sort of oozes all of a sudden and comes out in bursts out of nowhere.

I recommend taking your time with this one. I did a 180 on it because of that strange and soothing sweet note. Don't dismiss it quickly.
15th April, 2011 (last edited: 21st April, 2011)
I don't see the need for overbashing this fragrance. I, for instance, find it quite pleasant and soothing. It is not revolutional or something way new but there is a hint of distinctiveness in it. I'll give it thumb up, I might even own it in the near future.
06th April, 2011

Add your review of Zen for Men

Shop for Zen for Men products online

Shop for Zen for Men at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Zen for Men

There are no member images of Zen for Men yet. Why not be the first?