Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette (2010)
by Diptyque

Parent CompanyManzanita

About Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette

Eau Duelle is a shared fragrance created by perfumer Fabrice Pelligrin

The company say:

Vanilla is refined between shadow and light. Brightened up by a vibrant top note of cold spices, then made sensual by black frankincense whose powers of seduction are devilishly engaging.

Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette

Took me three days to settle on this, I scored the first sniff, adored it ten minutes later, was in love with that night but still, searched for something I felt was more 'weighty'.

It is not the most complex of vanilla oriental frags and is fairly linear, starting with a spiced vanilla cloud, resinous and spiked with cardamom, which gently and slowly dissipates.

Though I have started to question why 'Linear' thrown around as such as diss, but, regardless, I adore this. It is a superb cold weather scent that is like being wrapped in a warm pancake, with faint woody wafts of the christmas tree in the corner making itself known.

I did wind up double-headering this with the SL Un Bois Vanille but I feel I will enjoy and love both fragrances.

Price point could improve but frankly that's Dyptique for you. Still, I'm glad it is in the arsenal.
10th October, 2020
In ancient Basenotes history, we used to have member meet-ups around the world and I managed to put a few together in San Francisco. In 2010, we all met at the SF Diptyque store and they'd put together little gift bags for us, which included a sneak preview solid perfume version of Eau Duelle, which is the version I'm wearing today.

As such, I'll always have a soft spot for Eau Duelle, even though it's much more sweet than I like in a perfume. As others have described, it's a mix of marshmallow vanilla and green woods (and despite it not being listed, I think it's actually mostly vetiver). In terms of green woody gourmands, I think Eau Duelle is one of the best (I'd also suggest checking out Fresh's Cannabis Santal), but it's all too sweet for me. Even so, I'm still giving Eau Duelle a thumbs up for the good memories!
02nd February, 2020
This is probably my most favorite fragrance of all time, and I have likely smelled hundreds in the last ten years.

I'm a vanilla lover, and while test-driving a bunch of other vanilla bomb fragrances, my first impression of Eau Duelle was that it was simply a 'nice vanilla' that was easier to wear than many of the others. It wasn't until I went through three decants that I realized it was perfect. I now like it even more than the cult classic Tihota, which I also own and paid a lot more for. I live in Canada where it's cold half of the year, and this is the fragrance I reach for more than any other on cooler days.

It's a classic and just smells great without any pretensions. A dry vanilla surrounded by cold spices and frankincense, which are subtle and just give the vanilla some character. The vanilla smells wonderful without being gourmand or sweet, and I can't get enough of the smell when I wear it. I own the EDT, and have never tried the EDP because the EDT just seems perfect.
15th November, 2019
From November, 2015. Review is for the EDT:

My favorite vanilla scent. Eau Duelle features a rich, unsweetened vanilla blended with incense, tea and dry woods. I get the impression of something very gray and earthy when I wear Eau Duelle, almost mineralic, as if hot vanilla tea is being poured over smoky stones by a campfire in the woods. Still, this is very much a vanilla scent, and the vanilla is healthy and robust, so it features the naturally sweet qualities of vanilla but in no way has it been "artificially" sweetened. There is nothing sugary in Eau Duelle or anything that smells unnaturally cute. My review is for the EDT, and while I know an EDP has been released and by all accounts is very good, I like the EDT so much I have no desire for anything different. Still, it can't hurt to check out both versions before making a purchase. Projection is average but solid, longevity is very good at 8 to 10 hours. Thumbs up, and an easy 9/10 rating for this one.
13th August, 2019
Eau Duelle EDP unplugged.

I like the EDP version better. This edt is different enough from the edp they seem like separate fragrances.

The problem with the edt for me, is that you have to like vanilla fragrances to like this one as it is mostly about vanilla and I don’t really gravitate to vanilla fragrances.

It’s a fairly pleasant lean (thin) vanilla with a light mix of herbs, tea and spices that create an almost edc quality and is entirely unobjectionable. I envision wearing this in summer as you would an edc because it’s unobtrusive, polite, pleasant and easy-going, so it certainly has a place for those who like fresh vanilla fragrances.

But I found the vanilla fairly boring, and I liked the juniper sidenote better. I just couldn’t get interested in Eau Duelle edt. The edp, which is formulated differently - more powdered, lacking the thin, transparent vanilla of the edt - pleased me a lot more.
17th May, 2019 (last edited: 20th September, 2019)
Sweet! Turns woody-sweet. Slight spice. Lots of vanilla here. A bit of saffron & juniper. So far, every note seems well-blended - hard to pick out individually. The sweetness stays throughout. It becomes powdery sugar on my skin. Vanilla is certainly long-lasting. I like!
14th December, 2018

Add your review of Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette

Shop for Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette products online

Shop for Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Eau Duelle Eau de Toilette