Like This / Tilda Swinton Like This (2010)
by Etat Libre d'Orange

Like This / Tilda Swinton Like This information

Year of Launch2010

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerMathilde Bijaoui

About Like This / Tilda Swinton Like This

Created in collaboration with actress Tilda Swinton, who requested a 'warm' and 'cosy' fragrance.  This inspired the name:"cosy"..."comme ci"... "like this".

Like This / Tilda Swinton Like This fragrance notes

Reviews of Like This / Tilda Swinton Like This

This one was just not for me. Powdery and slightly Spivey, I just didn't like the mixture of notes. This one leans more towards the feminine side. This one could be a holiday scent.
28th January, 2020
Smells like a pumpkin spice latte. I guess there's a time for that? Hard to hate, but not very interesting.
10th November, 2019
I wanted to like this because of the Tilda Swinton connection, and ELdO have produced some frags I quite enjoy (though none that I consider FBW for me) - such as Fat Electrician (a bit sweet and cloying, and I already have vetiver frags), Je Suis Un Homme, and Eloge du Traitre (I already have Caron's Yatagan, which to my mind is better).

However. The opening of Like This has a familiar harsh, burnt feel to it - possibly a vetiver aromachem (as in Bel Ami Vetiver), but that wears off quickly. At the same time, it is quite sweet. And fleetingly salty. Well-blended, as in I can't pick out individual notes to start with. Doesn't take long before it settles down and becomes floral-ish (I get the rose), mild spice (cinnamon, ginger) and a bit of pumpkin. It's inoffensive. Meh.

In the far drydown, I finally get a recognisable vetiver, somewhat similar to Fat Electrician

It's not often my sampling selection misfires, but this was a dud. I might wear it on autumn nights out when something discreet and sweet-spiced would suit. But why bother ?
13th September, 2019
Ginger is a favorite note of mine so I like the way this smells and find it interesting. However, the immortelle flower and pumpkin combo make this a little too herbal and musky for me to call a true favorite. Late into the drydown I get something like maple syrup or fenugreek, weird. Bonus points for attempting something unique and interesting.

Projection is average and longevity is good but it fades to a skin scent after 4-5 hours.
07th January, 2019
EsmeS Show all reviews
High hopes for this one..Overall, it seemed pretty generic. The opening is a fruity floral, quite sweet. Then a gingery-woody phase, followed by another generic clean musk base. I appreciated the ginger-woody notes, but the strong opening and base constantly reminded me of other things i dont remember. Scrubbed. It was persistent.
29th August, 2018
A soothing, serene combination of notes. It's subtle. The ginger note doesn't figure prominently to my nose. It peeks through only briefly. The pumpkin and immortelle are what "do it" for me. Everything blends well here. Cozy, does seem to describe this perfume rather well. Fragrance for your own personal space. Sillage is negligible in my opinion.

Great gifting perfume for someone 18 to 80.
29th August, 2017