Memoir Man (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseAmouage
PerfumerKarine Vinchon-Spehner

About Memoir Man

Memoir Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Karine Vinchon-Spehner

Memoir Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Memoir Man

Memoir Man smells like burning palo santo incense and I love it. The open has a harsh peppery, vegetal note that I believe is the basil, which is super odd and it is probably elevated some by the vetiver. Luckily, this note fades completely in first 15-30 minutes and you are left with a lovely guaiac wood and tabacco fragrance. Everything else is super muted and subtle.
24th November, 2019
This is a surprising thumbs up as the opening is a mess and quite off putting, almost reminiscent of vomit but lacking the offensive sharpness. Stale over ripe stewed fruit and cinnamon pear and cantaloupe, but then over 1-2 hours it settles right down into a very pleasant resinous woody oakmoss fragrance that is bordering on the outstanding.
The effort reward ratio is a serious consideration here.
I am going to wear it a couple more times before arriving at a final conclusion.
Update: After due consideration this is a masculine masterpiece. It must be used wisely as indeed true power should be. One spray will suffice. Then let it settle for half an hour and you are good to go. It lasts for hours and projects well. Two sprays enters beast mode territory. Three and you'll clear the room.
The other fragrance I recently tried with a potentially terminally fatal opening is Kilian's Straight to Heaven. Straight to the arse hole imho. Literally. Leave it for at least an hour and it becomes quite nice.

Fragrance: 8/10 its so good the opening won't really bother you just don't over spray it as the objective is to survive the first half hour until it settles.
Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 8/10
09th September, 2019 (last edited: 03rd October, 2019)
Dry piny woody and spicy - nutmeg is what my nose concluded.
A much much refined Azzaro Visit, for those who enjoy that jus.
The only issue here is that you need a refined nose to pick up all the yummy variances that make this a winner.
04th April, 2019
This was a blind buy based on the olfactory pyramid, so i admit i was expecting a fresher perfume (and maybe this is the fresher Amouage anyway).
Apart from that it's another perfectly blended juice. Basil and mint are well distinguishable at the beginning, than they leave the place to a clean vetiver + amber + tobacco + oakmoss. Smells very clean and i suppose this should be the most inoffensive of the Amouages.
I can realize that we cannot ask Amouage to get away from his DNA, but if basil + mint lasted longer and if the base notes had been with less tobacco and amber, maybe...
I must admit that i just went wrong expectating a sunny spring day at the countryside from a parfume that comes in a black dress and a black foggy box...from this point of view memoir is what he promise: a winter foggy morning in the woods!
11th March, 2019
A dark vetiver similar to Encre Noire/Sycomore but less dark and more interesting in my view due to the complexity of the other notes.
31st December, 2018
DWayne Show all reviews
RE: Man of the World, "This smells divine. Has a medieval quality to it. A dark medieval forest. Just wish it lasted longer!!"

I agree. I sampled two 1.5 mil decants last week and decided it was bottle worthy and had Memoir Man rushed to me as I love the dark qualities you mention; however, the first ten minutes after I arrived to work today, my office mate's eyes surely must have been burning form the mint along with mine. Afterwords, at least to me, it really is wonderful and "divine" as you note. I actually get decent longevity. Still on my skin after 8-12 hours all last week and today. To be more specific, for about the first hour, I get mostly the green mint; I don't really detect the rose or frankincense, nor do I get the tobacco much. I do, however, get the wood, musk, and vanilla, which leave me sniffing my wrist all afternoon. One word of advice I learned today: Be easy on the spray from the Amouge bottle itself. The samples left me smelling the woods and vanilla mostly, but today, the first time spraying from the actual Memoir Man bottle, I overdid it with four sprays, and THAT's what brought out a strong mint that burned eyes in the office including mine. So go lightly.
02nd October, 2018 (last edited: 03rd October, 2018)

Add your review of Memoir Man

Shop for Memoir Man products online

Shop for Memoir Man at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Memoir Man

There are no member images of Memoir Man yet. Why not be the first?