Wonderwood (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerAntoine Lie

About Wonderwood

Wonderwood is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Reviews of Wonderwood

After reading reviews and being just a little curious, I finally picked up a bottle of Wonderwood. Being a fan of wood-based fragrances I figured this would be a safe blind buy. I was pleased with this one from the first spray! Nothing offense or unpleasant from the onset and just gets more beautiful as it dries down. The only fragrance that kinda reminded me of this was a limited edition Carolina Herrera fragrance from way back called 'Sensual Vetiver'. Yes, vetiver. Wonderwood is a wonderfully balanced fragrance that belongs in every woody fragrance (i.e. sandalwood, agar, cedar) fan's collection. Love the presentation as well ... but don't like that the bottle doesn't stand up on it's own. I guess that's a CDG thing. -.-
07th January, 2021
Am I the only one that gets mint in the opening of this?

Mint and cedar from the off, freshly cut wood shavings like in a sawmill, quickly moving on to a decent Iso E Super woody fragrance with decent longevity.

Could have been so much more than it is.
17th December, 2020
Its soft and dry. Woody dry cedar, a bit of a thinner cedar, sort of transparent, sandalwood, pencil shavings. Blend all the woods you got. Well balanced, all the notes purr along together. Smells modern and a bit softly minimalistic. I love dry woody concoctions, so this should be directly in my wheelhouse, but it just doesnt really stand out incredibly at any point in any way. Doesnt smell bad, or sweet. A sad panda neutral.
14th June, 2019
It's like a fresh cutted tree, but filtered and fitted to become elegant, it's intense, masculine and classy. It will be better with more longevity.
14th March, 2019
This is okay but doesn't live up to the hype it received a few years back. Reminds me of a less refined Royal Oud.

12th May, 2018
For me , this starts off with a half and half blast of bergamot and pepper with just a hint of oudiness and a slightly turpy faint incense...I'm really getting the bergamot nice and clear, way better than I can detect it in other fragrances...nice on juicy and heavy on the lemony effect...sadly , not projecting very well on my skin...as the opening slowly fades back , different smells of wood weave their way in...nice and woody in that semi synth CDG way...i get a nice cedar-sandalwoody blend ...not quite hitting it out of the park for me...but not too shabby either...for me, a more realistic lumberyard-wood shop smell with nice flavorings would be more along the lines of Vagobondo, Costume National , or She Came to Stay...pepper flavor hangs for a while...doesn't last very long on my skin...OK , but just sampling is enough for me...time to move on...
08th May, 2018

Add your review of Wonderwood

Shop for Wonderwood products online

Shop for Wonderwood at online perfumeries

Search on eBay