Black Soul (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseTed Lapidus
Parent CompanyBogart Group

About Black Soul

Black Soul is a masculine fragrance by Ted Lapidus. The scent was launched in 2009

Black Soul fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Soul

A sweet Paco 1 Million like base but done in a more natural smelling way.

Comes across more mature thanks to that as well as the added spices and how prominent they are. Too pungent at first in fact but they get better once settled.

Let's say that if 1 Million never existed and this would've had marketing like 1 Million, it could have gotten similar acclaim.

As is, it would need to either be A: less sweet or B: priced lower to win me over(35 EUR here at the moment).
16th June, 2019
Yes there is a mint note in this and one million is somehow recallable with its use. However, I think this scent is really all about a very sweet and exotic spiced fruitiness with the dates, raisins and saffron dominating its unique effect. A high quality blend, for sure.

I think it is too sweet for many men; but, thankfully the sweetness fades off to a nicer level after an hour or so. I wouldn't wear this as a mainstay frag yet I really like it as a quality statement maker. It is reasonably strong, last well and is very affordable. I could have voted neutral as I can't see this as a daily scent; but, I thought it is deserving of the thumbs up due to its unique niche filling capability. I enjoy it every time I venture that far out of the established safety zone.

These sort of brave frags are what many of us are searching for as we attempt to build out our scent portfolios.
15th May, 2018
This is a powerful cologne with good sillage and longevity. An interesting blend of sweetness and indian spices; by all aspects I should like it but just like with Lapidus’ Altamir, I’m not a huge fan of it.
07th November, 2016
Dark, sweet and brooding. The spearmint tickles the nostrils. Many layers to explore here.
07th December, 2015
I have to give an honest review of this and how it reacted on my skin. Please don't buy this thinking you are getting one million cause your not and don't buy this thinking it's better than one million cause it isn't. Don't buy this thinking it's going to last longer on your skin cause it won't. Truthfully, this does smell a little like one million but this is way mintier and really this only lasted on my skin for about 4 hours and that's surprising coming from a lapidus fragrance. If you don't have the cash for one million this maybe a safe bet for you but if it's one one million you are wanting than save up and get what you really want.
10th March, 2013
A sort of ideal mixture of some famous previous perfumes as Faconnable Homme, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, Neroli L'Occitaine and One Million (which is a less camphoraceous and more surupy one) with a touch of Joop and Bang Bang. Creamy, slightly powdery, sweet, musky and minty/aromatic with a final touch of pencil shaving effect. The first blast is intoxicating and prickly under the attack of a spicy burst (yes, pepper and cinnamon overall). I catch immediately the neroli trail in the middle of the mist. The mentholated (eucalyptol kind) and slightly resinous effect becomes soon dominant, turning out in the middle of the spicy balsams. The smell holds on basically linear (despite i catch some herbal/resinous trails, the bubble gum vibe and some leather in it) till when a woody/black tea/almost watery beat comes out in order to characterize the creamy/mentholated musky wake. I don't find this fragrance particularly dark (even if at the end the woody patchouli darkens a bit the aroma) but it can be included in the range of the fragrances for clubbing cause is brash and a bit insolent. The dry down is a more tamed and fluidy cedary/mentholated/milky effluvium. Not particularly impressive to me but something probably interesting for the lovers of the genre.
Rating 6/10
27th December, 2012 (last edited: 21st January, 2013)

Add your review of Black Soul

Shop for Black Soul products online

Shop for Black Soul at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Black Soul

There are no member images of Black Soul yet. Why not be the first?