New York Oud (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseBond No. 9
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About New York Oud

New York Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2011

New York Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of New York Oud

Got a sample of this with a purchase.. it smells the same as every other rose/oud combo. Nothing special, in fact, this one has a very chemical smell in the first hour. Not a fan one bit.
23rd November, 2019
Very synthetic fruity concoction with a harsh chemical oud and a prominent rose that makes the whole thing reminiscent of cheap hairspray. I wouldn't buy it even at a 10th of the suggested price.
03rd March, 2019
In my opinion this is the best rose/oud combo.

For those that have seen any of my reviews or comments on the forum you will be aware that I'm not a fan of rose. Black Aoud repels me so you can see where I'm coming from.

What I like about NYO is that rose is not overly dominant. There are also notes of saffron & plum which add something extra. The oud is there in the background but never dominates. Smells quite upmarket and expensive (which it is of course). A formal scent that will elevate your mood.

Longevity, projection & sillage are amazing.
16th January, 2019
A fruity and very rose flavored synthetic oud...but , a very good one...I really enjoy how this smells on me...a nice touch of honey sweetness...an enjoyable musky patch finish...projection is out of this world...as potent. as the good old powerhouses....longevity is also very decent...me like...just caught a nice scent of vetiver working it's way into the mix...
07th December, 2018
This is a beautiful and strong fragrance containing a very wearable oud. Light on the trigger for the office. Great smell (plum and oud), longevity (10+ hrs), projection (3+ feet for 3-4 hours), and sillage (leaves a long trail).

Wear at night to make heads turn.

9.5/10.
15th September, 2018
Opens with an enormous blast of rose which comes across as quite feminine (to me at least). Reminds me of the smell of a bottle of rose syrup which I use occasionally. I have no idea how this can be considered unisex. I personally wouldn't wear it as it's so feminine.
20th May, 2018