Jardin d'Amalfi (2011)

Parent CompanyCreed

About Jardin d'Amalfi

Jardin d'Amalfi is a feminine perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2011

Reviews of Jardin d'Amalfi

Jardin d'Amalfi (2011) is part of the Les Royales Exclusifs collection for Creed, a super-niche line if you will, or an even higher-priced prestige line with an already-expensive luxury/prestige niche house that competes with the likes of Roja Dove and Clive Christian on price per ml. Within this collection there are ups and downs like with any perfume house regardless of price point, and Jardin d'Amalfi is thankfully one of the ups. A beautiful scent showcasing what Creed does best, Jardin d'Amalfi is traditional citric floral ambergris scent that uses modern wizardry to get an "eternal freshness" from it's top and heart, on a smooth clear ambergris/ambroxide house Creed base. For me, this sort of comes across like what an Atelier Cologne composition could be like with greater performance and more attention to detail. Whether or not you believe Olivier Creed perfumes these releases himself or hires a cadre of "ghost writer" perfumers like his pal Pierre Bourdon, there is an impeccable level of finesse to this I have found in few other places dealing with these kinds of notes.

The opening of Jardin d'Amalfi is wonderfully green, crisp, and uplifting. Amalfi tangerine forms the bulk of this opening, after which the scent itself is named, but there is also lemon, bergamot, neroli, and a smidge of calone to make it feel modern. Some may argue the use of calone as an aromachemical voids all claim to being of niche quality, but niche perfume is about artistry, not puritanical use of natural ingredients; you'll have to seek out artisanal if you want that. The heart is rose and apple, seemingly plucked from a list of favorite notes Creed likes to use, with a bit of rather natural-smelling cedar entering the fray into the dry down. The base is that house Creed ambergris note, love it or hate it, flanked by vetiver and white musk. Again, the latter may roll some eyes as it is often a chemical cop-out for dimestore aquatics, but it really works well in this context and doesn't smell "cheap" as it is a background player. There is a tiny bit of earthen saltiness from the ambergris note late in the game, which is either really good artifice or a smidgen of the genuine article. All told, you get a day's worth of gorgeous floral tangerine over aromatic warmth, with just the right touch of sweetness. Projection is not monstrous but you wouldn't want it to be, and Jardin d'Amalfi overall feels like it is best as a feminine-leaning unisex summer scent.

Of course, there is the little matter of this costing $545USD for just 75ml of juice, which when taken into account with how this smells and performs, does force me to dock it a few points. Xerjoff creates some amazingly deep and realistic citric floral perfumes as well, and although they are far from cheap either, they cost hundreds less than perfumes from this line in many cases and present the better value. Hell, if you really want the best bang for buck on scents of this variety, you could very easily plunk down one-tenth what this costs and get a very similar Calvin Klein cK All (2017), which very well may have been inspired by Jardin d'Amalfi because it came out six years later. You'll mostly lose the vetiver and musk but retain the citrus, white florals, and ambergris base in the switch to the CK, but with a much more obvious chemical edge and lack of refinement in the development on skin, you may not be as happy. If money was no object I'd be all for recommending this as one of the finest examples of its kind, but knowing what the alternatives offer for far less, I'm forced to suggest sampling and purchasing a decant online before proceeding. Thumbs up
09th October, 2019
I bought 2 carded samples online and was repulsed by what I experienced. I read more reviews and the consensus was the same: It smells amazing. I couldn’t understand the positive reviews. However I went to Nordstrom’s and had the opportunity to experience the real thing and it is amazing. I apparently was sold fake carded samples. I don’t think I can wear this as a guy, but I definitely want my GF to wear it. Thumbs up for this frag.
03rd August, 2019
It starts off as a sharp cypress, apparently cedarwood. There is citrus, but rose, apple, vetiver, cinnamon, and especially musk, take it over very quickly and make it quite feminine. I can tell I'm not a big fan of musk on me, but I definitely would find this good for an elegant woman. A masculine version of this could be an old Guerlain. It's very nice, but a no for me. When I get a full application, it now smells more integrated. The cinnamon and rose is what pushes it more feminine.
09th January, 2019
A beautiful scent by Creed. Very very green in the opening, like walking through a grassy field ripe with pollen mixed in. Transitions to a light woody scent with a hint of saltiness. Bases out with lovely floral notes. My comment to those who say this is unisex: I don't agree. To my nose, it's totally feminine. I smelled like flowers from the time the basenotes kicked in, and ladylike flowers that is. So I would gear this much more toward the gals and not so much for the guys.
19th June, 2018
A very nice citrus scent with decent longevity (at least as a skin scent) with limited projection with my skin. I do find after an hour it turns feminine on my skin. I know some view this as a possible unisex fragrance which is fine but just not on me. Super strong citrus to start. Within a hour it does turn slightly floral and feminine to my nose with a nice musk dry down. IMO this is for the 35+ female crowd. For the guys... if you are entertaining giving this juice a go... get a sample. Other wise... Enjoy!
10th April, 2018
Amazing scent! Wonderful soapy clean citrus with a salty/musky drydown that's great.

I'm very surprised this isn't considered at least a unisex frag. It's downright masculine to me and I enjoy wearing it and knowing I smell great as a man.

Very happy that the SA at Saks recommended that I try it, so I'm guessing others do not consider this an exclusively feminine scent.
29th October, 2017

Add your review of Jardin d'Amalfi

Shop for Jardin d'Amalfi products online

Shop for Jardin d'Amalfi at online perfumeries

Search on eBay