M/Mink (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseByredo
PerfumerJerome Epinette

About M/Mink

M/Mink is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

M/Mink fragrance notes

Reviews of M/Mink

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast combines a slightly spicy tone with a fresh and aldehydic core - a nice combination, that sees a waxy component added with time.

The drydown sees a reduction of the aldehydes and an intensifying of the spiciness, which then assumes more of an incense-like character. This is a warm and comforting incense, that starts to dominate the whole, whilst the spicy side is retreating gradually. There are whiffs of an balsamic undertone present here from time to time. At times this reminds me of Amouage’s Epic Man, but the latter is softer and a bit more elegant.

Later on the incense is merged with upcoming patchouli, providing the mix with a crisper edge, but without and harsh or shrill characteristics; this patchouli is somewhat on the dark side, has some clover added at times, and fits in well with the incense. A honeyed sweetness also emerges towards the end that gives this creation a restrainedly sweet ending.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and a splendidly amazing fifteen hours of longevity on my skin.

This autumnal scent might appear a tad too synthetic at times, but the concept is not without its merit and not without an original touch. The performance is excellent. 3.25/5
24th July, 2019
Whatever the hell adoxal is made / composed of, I like it! I get an aldehydic, flowery, waxy accord from it. Also, it's kind of watery, with white flower characteristics - lily, maybe? I don't know - it's alarmingly pleasant... adoxal just dominates this fragrance. It goes on and on.

Eventually I smell a little incense, mixed with patchouli. What began with a buzzy, fizzy, almost gritty top, begins to smooth out like a soft fabric texture...

A floral honey with mild amber appears later. It continues to be smooth and soft. The strange, but lovely adoxal remains throughout. It too softens, as time goes by.
08th May, 2019 (last edited: 09th May, 2019)
I don't think this Patchouli scent is as weird as people make out. It cleverly rearranges the lighting, sleeks out the Camphour that pairs with the Florals of the Adoxal. This cleaned, scrubbed and fresh accord is counterpointed by a gentle animalic of Ambered Honey. Overall a melody quite charming, Modern and Chic.
Blending and architecture is masterful and holds some similarity to another patchouli beauty, Luciano Pavarotti.
03rd June, 2018
This is such a weird one! Animalic Patchouli, with a metallic nasty top caused by the overdose of Adoxal, an aromachemical usually used sparingly. Every now and then I feel the urge to wear this, and when that happens nothing else will do, as there is nothing else like it. If I could give this a thumbs up and this down at the same time, I would. A true love/hate unique fragrance.
08th August, 2017
I owe a review to M/Mink by Byredo simply to express my gratitude for keeping me interested in niche perfumery, and for help in rediscovering the unexpected, that strange artistic expression of atmosphere that a perfume can provide to create an awareness of presence previously unknown. M/Mink presence is revealed by unlikely combinations of acrid piercing shrieks, animalic warmth, elusive incense and a slow tuning of an orchestral medley of strangeness. While this odd mix is happening other people smell a light cleansing mystical shining woods and leave compliments as I come and go. M/Mink has been a favorite perfume companion for me and my mate for a few years now. I highly recommend it, if you are up for an adventure, give it a chance and delay criticism until you see how it evolves and brings back the new to life.
05th August, 2017
The smell of a luxury male sexbot. I get notes of pencil lead, metal, ink and turpentine, like in some Cabernet Franc wines from the Loire Valley (without the fruit of course). I find it harsh but surprisingly I got compliments from a woman who only wears white flower scents.
05th January, 2017