Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume" (2011)
by Comme des Garçons

Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume" information

Year of Launch2011

HouseComme des Garçons

About Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume"

Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume" fragrance notes

Reviews of Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume"

This Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garçons is a great, solid, thick scent with a really complex harmony of synthetic notes which are quite hard to get and dissect separately: I smell musk, leather, aldehydes, a pale, sharp and cold floral accord, a really weird “whatever” (note? Accord?) smelling halfway milk, industrial waste gas, glue and minerals; then green hints, cedar, cloves, all genially blended together in a really tight texture which smells just like a unique, rich, alien “smell”. Basically, as much weird as it may sound, the pyramid is quite trustworthy, as EdP smells indeed somewhere inbetween glue, scotch tape, hyper-polished leather, some sort of odd industrial gassy milk, synthetic grass and musky powder. All refreshed by an icy breeze of thin flowers and spices. The thing is there is really no contrast here, it’s just a flawless potion with its own unique and nondescript smell. I’d define this as a sort of glueish-aldehydic-leathery-postmodern musky-floral chypre drowned in a can of milk from outer space. It’s really clever and compelling, incredibly creative, yet – and that’s the big added value – perfectly pleasant, versatile, refined and not challenging at all: you can just forget about all the avantgarde bollocks and enjoy it as a perfect, simple, anywhere-safe everyday scent. No need to be an enthusiast fume-head with a “penchant” for avantgarde scents or a CdG fanboy to appreciate this. Just an impeccable and easy-going work of modern art. Which is one of the greatest abilities of Comme des Garçons – to produce clever, incredibly creative modern stuff, always keeping it perfectly wearable and appealing for pretty much anyone. The only flaw here may be the linearity, which may get kind of boring after a while. But apart from that, worthy at least a try for sure.

09th January, 2015
Yes! This is the scent CdG needed to make after some disappointing releases (Play, 888). it opens with a familiar industrial scent very much like the Brown Packing tape listed above. But the synthetic character isn't as strong as Odeur 53 and its burning rubber vibe.
The brown sticky tape scent morphs into a lovely burst of creamy florals which stays on the skin a decent while however is a little low on sillage.
Wearable, innovative and fun.
Recommended.
02nd June, 2014
(another) joke
it smells like that kind of metal to me. It's impressive a scent smelling like this,
disturbingly industrial weird thing is present, may sound toxic and offensive;
i feel i don't like smelling like that actually. The dry down is getting more and more acceptable though.
Unique, but not for me

Pros: extremely unique, if u liked Kouros by YSL it may work for you
Cons: disturbing, toxic in a way"</p>
19th October, 2013 (last edited: 27th March, 2014)
Artistic, Glue Bomb

This is a strange seductive scent, as I've always enjoyed smelling the back of the glue on the industrial tape BUT this doesn't just smell like tape. It is a blend of strong glue, a masculine floral twist, and musk. It's almost sickening and attractive at the same time if that makes sense? In fact, I find myself smelling the sample I have daily. I'm not sure how others would enjoy this fragrance blasting off of me but then again, everyone loves to sniff a little glue....right?

14th July, 2013
A refreshing, playful, and highly wearable take on industrial adhesives.

As with many from this line, this is a very striking and forward-thinking composition that hits you right up front with fantastic aldehydic top notes before settling into something that slips back and forth with ease between highly appealing and full-on weird. The glue note is more like a huge strip of scotch tape to me, but is so well-balanced by the floral aspects that you'd be hard-pressed to malign it as simply industrial. It's as refreshing as it is shocking, yet it's imminently wearable. Highly recommended for those who are drawn to CdG's more playfully synthetic, and the bottle itself is equally out there.

Pros: Inventive; refreshing; unique; easy to like.
Cons: As with many from the CdG line, if it's extreme longevity you're after, you might want to look elsewhere.

23rd June, 2013
I think this is a thumb's up as far as execution but it's something I personally wouldn't wear. I like most of the notes listed, I like the weirdness, and the fresh and clean vibe, but I just don't like the lily or lilac, whatever floral note is going on here reminds me of scented toilet paper, throughout the whole life of the scent.

There is an extended middle phase where some kind of aldehydes come forward, or at least that's what it smelled like to me. I kept thinking of Chanel No. 5. This lasted for about 3 hours then mostly drifted off. I thought aldehydes were more of a top note? Anyway I really liked that part.

I think some people will love this and either gender could wear it comfortably if you're into this kind of thing.
04th November, 2012 (last edited: 08th November, 2012)

Add your review of Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume"

Shop for Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume" products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume"