Traversée du Bosphore (2010)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Traversée du Bosphore information

Year of Launch2010

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Traversée du Bosphore

Traversée du Bosphore is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Traversée du Bosphore fragrance notes

Reviews of Traversée du Bosphore

rbaker Show all reviews
In the opening blast there is some
pomegranate, but I mainly get medium ripe apples and tulip - the later being quite weak though. What I get fairly soon after the first moments is a soft and light suede impression; a smooth leather without hand edges, smokiness, or any gasoline complement. Overall the opening is on the bright side.

The drydown introduces a sweet iris, very floral and with a discreet powdery accent. The is a candied sweet rose, and a saffron in the background - very much in the background and more a subtle dash of spice than a substantive addition to the main course of this olfactory menu.

The base is dominated by a vanilla impression that is sweet, quite creamy, and that at times is accompanied by what reminds me of the aroma of freshly baked pistachio muffins. A topping of white musks is increasingly evident toward the end.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection, and a superb longevity of thirteen hours on my skin.

A spring scent that represents an interesting concept with some original twists. Unfortunately, on the whole it is too generic and too egregiously synthetic to impress or delight, even taken into consideration to splendid performance. On the bridge across the Bosphorus it is stuck in a generic traffic jam. 2.75/5
26th October, 2020
Scrubber. Headache generator. Effeminate in a bad way. Unbalanced. The notes that could save the perfume are completely overwhelmed by a persistent odor of synthetic fruit that could well serve to create a detergent to wash the floor.
30th September, 2020
I agree with Kain about the positive reviews.
Sweet, sour, medicinal floral effeminate mess of notes.
A scrubber.

Fragrance: 5.75/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10 -unfortunately
08th February, 2020
Absolutely lush and stunning perfume. While it doesn't smell like the real Bosphorus (thank goodness!) it does take from it various scents from the small villages and stops along the way.

Warm and cozy vanilla and musk with the nicest rose that reminds me of Turkish delight. Pistachio notes that remind you of Fıstıklı Sarma, in fact reminiscent of eating in Turkey rather than floating down the water. Lovely leather and waxy iris. Overall tops from me. I found myself hanging on to the paper strip with this perfume and constantly sniffing the intoxicating scent over and over. Full bottle worthy.
22nd January, 2020
I could swoon every time I wear this... An autumnal-like fruit mix on top. Iris shoots at you straight away (and never leaves). It's dry. Iris dominates. A touch of rose lies beneath. A smidge of pistachio. Vanilla and musk and iris all stand strong further on, at the base. Iris lasting forever.
07th February, 2019
Tales of dusty roads
And odd sweets, we laundered with
Her Black Opium

And my cough syrup
Plus some vanilla extract
Possibly stolen

"Kinda perfumey"
But better than those bus smells
Just one sniff away

"See the world" they said
Smell the world is more like it
Then cover it up

Pretend it's not there
Then yearn for something still real
Ah, but there's the rub

That magic moment
Of information in the
Disinformation

Meant to hide all the
Bad information from the
Good information

And information
Just wants to be valu'ble
Or so they told us

Though I must admit
That perfume is all lies, too
Even our fake Tide

Hiding all of our
More interesting stories
In more charming ones

So now, where were we?
Ah, yes. Riding on that bus.
Climbing rope odors

Shop for Traversée du Bosphore products online

Shop for Traversée du Bosphore at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Traversée du Bosphore

There are no member images of Traversée du Bosphore yet. Why not be the first?