M7 Oud Absolu (2011)

PerfumerJacques Cavallier-Belletrud
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About M7 Oud Absolu

M7 Oud Absolu is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud and Alberto Morillas

M7 Oud Absolu fragrance notes

Reviews of M7 Oud Absolu

rbaker Show all reviews

Blast the out, hurl the patchouli into my nose: The opening is just that, an oud-patchouli attack. Not an unfriendly one, though, for the oud is quite agreeable, and both are neither too brutal, nor too harsh or intrusive. Touches or mandarins and mineralic undertone are more present in the scent pyramid that actually materialising on my skin.

The second stage is an ambery wood-base impression courtesy of the cistus; this rock rose is given added depth by a herbal add-on in the shape of a myrrh note. A touch of smokiness appears in the final stage also.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection, and nine hours of longevity on my skin.

An agreeable wintery flanker, somewhat predictable and less fruity that the original. It is a bit too generic to excite, but overall executed well with some nice nuances. 3/5
26th July, 2021
At the time of writing this review, I have applied M7 Oud Absolu (black label) to my neck and chest, as usual, and...sprayed my the back of my right hand with one shot of the original M7 (4 ingredient, amber-sided bottle) to do a comparison.
Here we go...and the lovers of the original (of which I am one) are not going to like this:
They are almost identical, AND, I even have to give the edge to the Oud Absolu for projection.
I won't go into a scent description, as there are plenty of reviews on this site and other sites to peruse.
So...it's your choice. Spend $200+ for the original, or spend about half and essentially have the same product, albeit without the bragging rights.
Let me end with saying, I love both of these products and they are prime examples of high-end perfumery.
19th March, 2021
FISS80 Show all reviews
*Review for the bottle with the dark plastic cover surrounding it

This is a very sexy fragrance and definitely has more than a passing resemblance to its namesake, M7. The longevity and silage is tenacious; one spray to the chest will last all day. It is velvety smooth and definitely one that is great for a night out or dinner date. The notes/accords that stick out to me are Orange, Patchouli, Oud and Myrrh. Similar in vibe to Tom Ford Oud Woid as well although I find Oud Wood to be overall brighter and more work appropriate. Big thumbs up.
16th February, 2021 (last edited: 15th February, 2021)
Quartz Show all reviews
Sorry, but to me this is in no way a fragrance for men. Way, way too sweet and syrupy. Strong cherry cough syrup note. Very unpleasant to my nose. Smells better on a woman or I should say more appropriate for a woman.
10th August, 2020
I like M7 Oud Absolu. This is a very classy, elegant, incensey scent. It does not have great longevity on my skin, but its sillage on clothing seems to last for weeks. I go in stages wearing this, sometimes taking a break and then coming back. Each time I wear it, I'm glad I did. The one strange thing for me about M7 Oud Absolu, is I don't necessarily think of it as an oud scent. There is oud there, I guess, but not in the way you'd necessarily expect. I get more cherry cola than what I'd call oud. It's like opening a copy of "Sports Illustrated" and finding an article on chess, or dressage, or contract bridge--all of which are great games or sports, but not exactly what you were expecting. But good stuff from YSL and definitely worth a try.
22nd February, 2020
Hollowed out version of the original, but still pleasant enough. Much easier on your wallet than the original...
18th February, 2020

Add your review of M7 Oud Absolu

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu products online

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of M7 Oud Absolu

There are no member images of M7 Oud Absolu yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]