M7 Oud Absolu (2011)

PerfumerJacques Cavallier
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About M7 Oud Absolu

M7 Oud Absolu is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas

M7 Oud Absolu fragrance notes

Reviews of M7 Oud Absolu

Quartz Show all reviews
Sorry, but to me this is in no way a fragrance for men. Way, way too sweet and syrupy. Strong cherry cough syrup note. Very unpleasant to my nose. Smells better on a woman or I should say more appropriate for a woman.
10th August, 2020
I like M7 Oud Absolu. This is a very classy, elegant, incensey scent. It does not have great longevity on my skin, but its sillage on clothing seems to last for weeks. I go in stages wearing this, sometimes taking a break and then coming back. Each time I wear it, I'm glad I did. The one strange thing for me about M7 Oud Absolu, is I don't necessarily think of it as an oud scent. There is oud there, I guess, but not in the way you'd necessarily expect. I get more cherry cola than what I'd call oud. It's like opening a copy of "Sports Illustrated" and finding an article on chess, or dressage, or contract bridge--all of which are great games or sports, but not exactly what you were expecting. But good stuff from YSL and definitely worth a try.
22nd February, 2020
Hollowed out version of the original, but still pleasant enough. Much easier on your wallet than the original...
18th February, 2020
This product is an insult! I got a bottle thinking it was M7 Original, only to get this chemical trash. M7 Original is the finest oud frag I've ever tried, while Oud Absolu smells like dirt. I always need to research each and every scent to see if it's been ruined by corporate morons who only care about sales, not quality. I gave this away to a friend and found a vintage bottle of M7 on ebay.
25th February, 2019
This is light on me. I have to go heavy with it and then it gives a soft incense cloud that wafts gently round me. I must admit I prefer my perfume a tad more ballsy. And as a lover of oud, I like the patchouli in this! The vague hint of Agar wood here merely adds a little to the myrrh and labdanum to give the quiet temple fug.
That said, the effect is a good one when I catch it. The combination of orange, patch, and incense is sexy and refined. I have similar performance issues with my skin-chemistry and Jubilation XXV and have learnt I have to hammer these particular scents and/or manage my expectations.
Smooth warm and sensual if an ethereal tease, YSL Oud Absolu is classy and understated. Nice.
24th February, 2019
The accord reminds me of a light version of gerlain vetiver

I enjoy m7 oud absolute
It’s a whiter shade of oud

It doesn’t smell like Kensington England does

05th January, 2019 (last edited: 31st March, 2019)

Add your review of M7 Oud Absolu

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu products online

Shop for M7 Oud Absolu at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of M7 Oud Absolu

There are no member images of M7 Oud Absolu yet. Why not be the first?