Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille (2011)
by Annick Goutal

Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille information

Year of Launch2011

HouseAnnick Goutal
PerfumerIsabelle Doyen
Parent CompanyAmore Pacific

About Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille

Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille is a feminine perfume by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Isabelle Doyen

Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille fragrance notes

Reviews of Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille

The notes in this eau de parfum are supposed to be Iris, Patchouli, Heliotrope, Violet, and Plum. I mainly detect the iris and the patchouli with a tiny hint of violet. I do not detect a plum note, but that could change as the seasons change. Some fragrance notes come to the fore more in either cold or hot or damp or dry windy weather, so I do not consider I know a fragrance very well until I have worn it over the course of a year or so.

This fragrance reminds me of an earlier era in perfume history dating back to 60s and 70s. It is not categorised as a chypre, but it does have a chypre-like quality to it that I cannot unpack easily in words, but my nose detects it.

This fragrance is not at all sweet, and at this point I do not find it fruity, either. It is just a dry, dusty, and quite woody fragrance that seems to belong to a mature, sophisticated woman or man as I feel the fragrance is quite unisex. I have both the eau de toilette and the eau de parfum. I like both of them. It is not a fragrance I would reach for quite often, but I do like it and feel that it is unique in my collection.

If these notes appeal to you, and if you like dry, woody fragrances, chances are you will like this fragrance. If you prefer sweet or fruity fragrances, or if you prefer opulent Orientals, this fragrance probably will not appeal. As always, if possible, sample first.

Overall, this is a good quality, non-synthetic smelling, classical type fragrance I believe is most suitable to someone over 30. Unlike so many bottle these days, the bottles for both the EdT and the EdP are quite attractively feminine and compliment the fragrances inside.

Fragrance: 7/10

Projection: 6/10

Sillage: 6/10

Longevity: 6/10

Bottle: 7.5/10
20th November, 2019
Faint suede-like accord. Dark, woody patchouli vibe. Dusty iris. Violet is slightly green and powdery floral, at the same time. Annick Goutal fragrances and I rarely get along - this one, makes me smile.

Still has a suede smell later, mixed with powdery, purple flowers. Light. Delicate. Femme. A perfume for warmer months. I like how this one developed.
16th March, 2019
Stardate 20170728:

Iris Leather.
That is what this is. Leather note overpowers everything else.
If you ever wonder about the original Burberry for Men - get this. Cheaper and easily available.
28th July, 2017
This does have the feel of an orris root fragrance, with quite a bit more going on. I suppose it's mostly the patchouli. It gives my nose the impression of peppery leather. I think it doesn't quite pass the litmus test of something I would wear from time to time, although the iris opening is promising, and it's an interesting, complex fragrance.
22nd July, 2017
This review is purely subjective.
I had great expectations about this fragrance, having been described to me as a nice take on nu-chypres.
I have no doubt about its beauty, but unfortunately the chemistry of my skin refuses stubbornly to collaborate with fruity notes: Mon Parfum Chéri Par Camille on me is a sour plum liqueur and the combo with patchouli conjures up the image of booze spilled on an old wood tavern table full of scratches and scribbles whom texture is imbued with ages and ages of spilled wine and alcoholic drinks. That sounds quite an evocative tale, but on me this story is a disaster and the moral is: I shall not mess with fruity notes.
My neutral rating is referred to this bad reaction, not to the perfume itself: I like its dark personality, I keep the paper cup where it has been sprayed and the smell wafts highly pleasantly in the air, I like the whole concept of Annick Goutal's house... but my relationship with Mon Parfum Chéri Par Camille will be platonic.
13th April, 2017
Salutation.

A dark,dry,elegant and evocative,sweet and spicy at the same time.this Annick Goutal EDP is a sophisticated lady in a fitted black dress on her way to an evening party where champagne flows and secrets are exchanged in husband whispers.it is quite sweet but not sickly since it has enough darker notes.this compositions like the inside of a luxurious piano,an unusual combo of sweet and wood and spice.Evocative, Passionate,Rich,Provocative and Heavy

patchouli and iris in a perfect harmony.a mildly fruity plum layered with a violet tempered indence envelopes you with a earthy presence immediately that stays throughout the duration of the perfume.it has a warm dry woodiness that really gives it a solid structure ad maturity.the dry down a little reminds me Dior Addict.if you are a patchouli hater than stay far.far from this scent.perfect for a autumn evening.

Sillage?Impressive.

Longevity?Superb on my skin.

7.25.10
10th January, 2016

Add your review of Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille

Shop for Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille products online

Shop for Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille

There are no member images of Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille yet. Why not be the first?