Arso (2011)

About Arso

Arso is a masculine fragrance by Profumum. The scent was launched in 2011

Arso fragrance notes

Reviews of Arso

The sweet Fir Balsam note is to the fore, it is not a bad fragrance and as noted below there are echoes of Norne by Slumberhouse and Cape Heartache by Imaginary Authors. However it is less raw than Norne, smoother and more perfume-y and lacks the interesting wild strawberry facet of Cape Heartache.
In fact it veers towards Cartier Declaration in its general sophistication, which in turn begins to approach Femininite du Bois to an uncomfortable degree - I say uncomfortable since whilst it might have seemed ok when it first appeared, the sweet cloying cedar-ionone-musk accord has invaded everywhere.
As Scent Detective notes below, asking for this product by name in English speaking shops might raise a few eyebrows. I am reminded of when I first went to university and a fellow chemist was telling me about a chemical body related to pyrrole, but with arsenic in place of the nitrogen, whose name was the cause of some amusement.
Leaving such irrelevant matters aside, I prefer Profumum's Olibanum which has a rather similar but slightly lighter odour, and an impeccably respectable name into the bargain.
21st July, 2020
Pine and sweet smoke, this is how I'd summarize the first hours. In the dry down it gets a bit sour, the sweetness goes down as well as the smoke and it's more focused on woods/pine.
23rd May, 2019
Brief incense.
Tons of leather.
Underneath I find resin. Later, a dark warm mix of cedar and pine. Becomes smooth; leather returns, sueded.
11th November, 2018
What a treat! The burnt pine is very much in your face at first blast, and then shortly thereafter a pretty big wave of pepper and coriander. The irrepressible fir resin hangs in there really well, and sustains a woody note as the spices die down. Thereafter at hour 2 or so these undertake a transition to an unlisted sandalwood note with a sotto voce vetiver. My soul still belongs to Norne, but this is a more refined and less glutinous Arizona/Tucson from Olympic Orchids. Shares a few similarities to Tom Ford Vert d'Incens at times in muted tones. Like, TFVdI at its boldest approaches Arso at its latest, wan, drydown phase.

Be Arsed for Arso!
22nd May, 2018
Profumum Romaís Arso accomplishes the great feat of mixing some great cold weather notes of resin, pine, cedar, incense, and leather, and somehow coming off a bit sweet in the process. I love the mix of notes on paper and they end up being harmonious on skin, as well. The leather is comparatively subdued, as I get mostly pine, incense, and resins, but this certainly still feels like a partly leather fragrance somewhere in the mix.

I regard it as almost halfway between the sweeter Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache and the sharper D.S. & Durga Bowmakers, though it leans closer to the former, just without its noteworthy strawberry sweetness. Still, thereís something about Arso thatís sweet, and I assume it to be the resins. One notable YouTube reviewer said it wasnít sweet at all, but on my skin, itís very sweet---perhaps not all-out gourmand sweet, but certainly sweet enough to be called a sweet fragrance, though of course experiences vary.

I believe Arso is depicted as unisex but I regard it as masculine-leaning , though I could imagine some women liking it. Performance is very strong, high projection and well above average longevity. Iím not sure Iíd necessarily buy this one given that I own the two similar fragrances I cited above, and Arso is the highest priced of them of them all, at $250 for 100ml, but itís certainly something to consider in the future. A great fragrance, especially for cold weather.

9 out of 10
01st August, 2016 (last edited: 10th April, 2018)
The note pyramid looked promising. I like the pine and incense opening, but there seems too much cumin. It's not listed, but there is a warm spice that I believe is cumin. There is NO leather that I can detect. Dry down gives a very dry sawdust note, very linear with a pine note. I don't dislike it, but After wearing it for a full day, there is something irritating about it.
27th June, 2016 (last edited: 28th June, 2016)

Add your review of Arso

Shop for Arso products online

Shop for Arso at online perfumeries

Search on eBay