Velvet Patchouli (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseDolce & Gabbana
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Velvet Patchouli

Velvet Patchouli is a shared / unisex perfume by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2011

Velvet Patchouli fragrance notes

Reviews of Velvet Patchouli

All I get is another damp powdery patchouli which does not add new elements to the "niche" olfactory panorama. The Velvet Patchouli's evolution is "law profile" and you can finally get just a sort of silky talky/ambery patch vaguely almondy, aristocratic and definitely musky. Beautiful but not enough to switch on my fire.
13th November, 2019
Earthy!! Mossy!! And it's got kephalis (ambery-powdery elements)!!

Velvet Patchouli from D&G has such a damp, loamy forest vibe to it which is radically different from the laid back, medicinal-herbal thing I've been accustomed to in a zillion other fragrances which usually have this in their base.

Sexy, rich and memorable overall, IMO (opinions may vary, depending on where you test-spray and how you like your patchouli "served").

Give it a whirl, patchouli fans. :^>
07th December, 2018
Of all the "brutalist" niche patchoulis (Lorenzo Villoresi, Bois 1920, etc), Velvet Patchouli stands out as the dirtiest I've ever smelled. And I mean that literally - it smells like dirt. Warm, loamy earth imbued with moss and rotting grass and deteriorating bark, with a mouldering, almost boozy bergamot and lavender on top and a dusting of dry cocoa powder hidden underneath. The whole effect is pretty much a dictionary definition of what "dank" smells like.

The first couple of times I wore Velvet Patchouli, I loved it for its nasty, almost moldy dirt smell. But with repeated wear, the novelty wore off and I kept catching whiffs of myself, thinking "something smells weirdly unpleasant - has someone been sick? Is there rotten food somewhere around?" and then realizing it was me.

I'm still giving it a thumbs up, because patchouli fanatics really should try this and it's largely been ignored, and also because it really is fascinating sniffing. But I don't think I need a full bottle of this...
20th December, 2016

Add your review of Velvet Patchouli

Shop for Velvet Patchouli products online

Shop for Velvet Patchouli at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Velvet Patchouli

There are no member images of Velvet Patchouli yet. Why not be the first?