M (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HousePuredistance
PerfumerRoja Dove

About M

M is a shared / unisex perfume by Puredistance. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Roja Dove

M fragrance notes

Reviews of M

Puredistance M is seemingly the most popular release from this house that I’ve not actually tried on skin until now. M is an interesting leather scent with spicy and herbal touches, a classy cold-weather-leaning, stereotypically-masculine-but-still-fairly-unisex.

It feels balanced and fine-tuned, with some citruses in the opening and a reasonable dose of florals throughout, though what it mainly feels like is a leather/cinnamon/vetiver/vanilla blend, quite delightful being sweetly-modern yet referential to powerhouse late 20th century fragrances, as well.

Simply put, I’m a fan and would wear this often. It reminds me vaguely of Bvlgari Man in Black and I’d largely use it the same way, though M is a bit more refined, albeit still in the same ballpark in terms of scent profile.

M is highly dense and rich, which it surely better be, as its pricing is pretty much to the point that one needs to be smitten with it in order to consider buying it at its retail cost: $590/$325/$190 for 100/60/17.5ml at Luckyscent.

8 out of 10
11th February, 2020
Do you like Chypres, Spicy Leather & Bel Ami?

Buy It.. Own It... Love It.... I do!!! :•]
A NasalGasm inducing fragrance! Keep plenty of tissues at hand... lol
01st February, 2020
A remastered release of a classic hit.

M has been one of my favourite leathers for quite some time. Its stereoscopic, spicy opening features a bright citrus that lifts the scent while hinting at the depths that are to follow. The leather here is well worn, polished to a gorgeous patina while warm spices add textural interest and lends the fragrance breadth. Imagine the dark sheen of a supple leather conditioned with oil infused with florals and spice.

I think it is fair to describe M as derivative of Bel Ami. It clearly replicates the same citrus, spice and leather accord. But the term derivative has negative connotations and I don’t mean it in this way. M is not a slavish cover version. If you think of it as a copy, it is more like a remastered track. It’s almost as if Roja Dove managed to secure the master recordings for Bel Ami and then proceeded to massage the entire composition, significantly boosting and dropping the bass line, adding more sonic colour and texture, and taking the ending in a different direction. Where Bel Ami fades out, M develops the scent further into muskier, richer territory.

If you are a fan of Bel Ami or just leathers in general, M is recommended. If you would like it dirtier than M, consider Roja Dove’s Fetish Pour Homme, which is my favourite out of all three, although be forewarned, it is a more challenging wear!
05th November, 2018
Nice enough but I get no leather and a cargo hold of cumin. It certainly projects. It's possible there's an alchemy happening on male skins but not mine, but I'd say go for something like Epice Marine at a better price. Antonia and Opardu are my favourites from this line.
08th May, 2017
David with the Head of Goliath : Caravaggio 1601
04th November, 2016
I was expecting something more modern since this was made in 2010. Reminds me of two cheapies that I own, Mr. Blass and Carven Homme, but is darker and richer than both.
04th July, 2016