Idole Eau de Parfum (2011)
by Lubin

Idole Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch2011

HouseLubin
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyLubin

About Idole Eau de Parfum

Idole Eau de Parfum is a shared / unisex perfume by Lubin. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Idole Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Idole Eau de Parfum

Nice enough but to quote from Dervant:

'Idole Edp is finally a less complex and more syrupy superfluous variation of the original Idole Edt'

Thats correct. This reminds me slightly of the outstanding Amouage Journey Man and Miller Harris Etui Noir. At least it begins to but fails to develop into any interest or depth.
At best you can use this as a safe work fragrance if you are keen to wear this spicy incense tobacco vibe to work.
Move along.
19th September, 2020
The opening is dark, slightly sweet, and has plenty of spice and incense. Very similar to the EDT having that great rum and coke feel, but it reminds me more of a refined Bay Rum or Old Spice scent. The drydown is the best (for me), being more wearable and pleasant than the opening. But to clarify, both are enjoyable.

Projection is good, not great, but can get heavy if oversprayed. Longevity is 10+ hours.
11th September, 2020
Often referred to as the "superior" version of Bentley for Men/Bentley for Men Intense (it's much closer to the former than the latter, in my estimation, due to the woodiness and lack of a thick benzoin note), I actually find Idole EDP inferior to the Bentley duo, both of which have better structure and more pronounced showmanship.

This is subtler than either, and it's too subtle for its own good. While I do like the mid, it needs the volume turned up, and the late drydown feels practically ramshackle.
21st August, 2020 (last edited: 22nd August, 2020)
I'm not sure if my sample is wrong, but this is not what I remembered when I tested Idols EDT some years back. That was saffron and leather, not miles from Safran Troublant, a favourite of mine.

The sample I have of the EDP is a harsh, spiced orange pomander that I find highly unpleasant.

Hopefully my sample is wrong, because this is terrible.
13th November, 2019

Excellent opening… bitter orange, rum, and visceral spices: it’s a serious and dark accord, but it is certainly not as aggressive as its darkness would indicate. Assisting with the openings seriousness are the heart’s wood and incense which are already forming a firm platform of serious richness. This platform is a tempered by a judicious hint of natural sweetness in the heart brought about by a sugar cane note.

The base doubles-down in richness with labdanum, leather, and sandalwood. I for one am pleased that the impact of the leather is softer in this EDP than it was in the original Idole – the low impact of the leather as well as the subtle richness of the whole fragrance makes Idole de Lubin EDP a definite candidate for purchase for me.
19th December, 2016
Unnecessary. I completely agree with the Alfarom's review below, " this is a sweeter, less leathery and less balanced" out of focus version of the better Edt formula. Idole Edp is finally a less complex and more syrupy superfluous variation of the original Idole (which is more elegant, virile, sophisticated and urban). An almost indie (it conjures me vaguely Slumberhouse Jeke with its excess of honeyed-sugary sticky spiciness) mellifluous (but not more durable on skin) vest for a classic boozy-spicy renowned fragrance from Lubin.
19th November, 2016

Add your review of Idole Eau de Parfum

Shop for Idole Eau de Parfum products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Idole Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Idole Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Idole Eau de Parfum