Notice: We will be offline from Monday 27 September as we upgrade the site. More details here.

Vanille Insensée (2011)
by Atelier Cologne

Vanille Insensée information

Year of Launch2011

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerRalf Schwieger
SupplierMane

About Vanille Insensée

Vanille Insensée is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ralf Schwieger

Vanille Insensée fragrance notes

Reviews of Vanille Insensée

Lime-forward vanilla. What you are promised is what you get. Light, easily wearable for work, completely inoffensive, and therefore versatile. Not really interesting, and quite linear, this is a safe scent. It's nice to have a vanilla that isn't sweet, and this is completely unisex. I have used up a 7.5mL that came as part of a sampler pack, and a further 2mL or so sample. Both were fine, but nI will not buy more of this.
17th September, 2021
Vanilla-infused turpentine. Musty, moldy antique wood furniture. I like it... I'd say this is a rather dark, woody vanilla, bordering on boozy at times. This house rarely impresses me. I find their fragrances rather mainstream, pedestrian, or boring. This one, intrigues me.

Wooden vanilla fades into a creamy, almost ice cream flavor later on, with sprinkles of pencil shavings. Ha! An unusual vanilla scent for sure...
01st September, 2020
This is lovely. My association with vanilla is that it's usually sweet and gourmand, but this is darker, more like smelling an actual vanilla bean, maybe with some dark rum. Subtle, not intense. If it didn't sound so cheesy, maybe it would be called "Vanille Noir."
22nd July, 2020
A thoroughly cheap-smelling synthetic vanilla mixed with some smokiness; it's both bland and off-putting.

I'm inclined to be especially harsh here because of the absurd and disgraceful pricing. This is transparently cheap, nasty stuff being sold at entry-level niche pricing.
20th September, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
Whilst I am the vanilla pretty much straight form the opening blast, this turns out to be different from the usual sweet, rich and strong gourmand-style vanilla.

This vanilla is paired with a bitter lime, which gives the vanilla more brightness and a nigh-fresh character. There is also a persistent metallic-like undertone that I get throughout the development of this composition.

In the heart notes a fairly nonspecific woodsiness arises, and touches of cardamom and coriander add gently spiciness from time to time.

The base adds little new on me, except an amber impression of muted shrillness. The vanilla is still lingering on until the end, although the citrus element has more or less evaporated by now.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and an excellent ten hours of longevity on my skin.

This scent for warmer autumn day is based on a pared-down slim, bright and cool vanilla, an anti-vanilla as far the the traditional sweet gourmand versions go. The mighty drawback is it’s egregiously synthetic and generic nature - maybe to an extent that it is insensée indeed. A somewhat mundane vanilla, which might of interest to people who dislike the usual heavy vanillas. 2.75/5.
30th August, 2019
zztopp Show all reviews

Peppery, citrusy, woody vanilla. A tempered yet perceptible vanilla note of good quality thats not cloying or overly saccharine; woven in with a diverse set of citrus, vetiver and oakmoss notes. Well blended, very versatile and one of the best "dry" and "easy to wear" vanilla fragrances alongside Creeds' Sublime Vanille (which has a more upfront vanilla presentation).

A vanilla fragrance good enough to convert a vanilla-denier.

23rd June, 2019

Add your review of Vanille Insensée

Shop for Vanille Insensée products online

Shop for Vanille Insensée at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Vanille Insensée

There are no member images of Vanille Insensée yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]