Mitzah (2010)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Mitzah

Mitzah is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Mitzah fragrance notes

Reviews of Mitzah

My addiction - oriental styles. This would fit right in... Heavy spice. Moderate rose. Touch of cumin. Drape of honey. What's not to like? I think it's the smoky cumin that adds some interest. A teeny bit of bitterness, from the cumin also.

The patchouli and incense seem a good quality. They aren't super-hippie, head types. Then you've got your sturdy, steadfast friend labdanum, with its smiles of musky, resinous hugs. A thin line of vanilla rounds out the whole affair.

The sillage is marvelous with Mitzah. It's all vanilla-ambery goodness. Mitzah increases its charms as it wears on. I'm happy I finally dug out my sample. It was worth trying. I'm not however, going to invest in another oriental. Once again, folks have gone ape-sh*t asking ridiculously high prices for a discontinued, well-done fragrance.
15th March, 2019
Mitzah is ridiculously beautiful, elegant, unapologetically opulent, and mysterious just like Mitzah Bricard herself. The sillage is just perfect, not too weak and not too strong, and the longevity is incredible. On my skin the frankincense is the star vocalist with amber, rose, vanilla, amber, patchouli, and labdanum all present in the background providing supporting vocals. Mitzah is absolutely perfect in cooler weather and everything I could possibly want in a perfume.
14th January, 2019
The mystical Mitzah - often spoken of, rarely sniffed. Closer by the day to becoming a creature of myth.
On me, vaguely floral-suede, vaguely gourmand-biscuit. Vaguely vague. I had to douse myself in this stuff before I got anything from it. Perhaps it has a heavy musk base to which I’m anosmic. Who knows... I was genuinely disappointed.
31st December, 2018
At the time of writing this Mitzah has been discontinued for at least two years.

For me Mitzah has everything I like in a fragrance. What it smells of is well documented here and there is nothing I can add to it except to say that I have pretty much all the Privee perfumes and if I had to give them all away except one, I would keep is Mitzah.

Mitzah's complexity, versatility and longevity are matched only by its elegance. It is very much a unisex fragrance and both my partner and myself wear it regularly. From start to finish it's delightful punchy patchouli beginning down to its warm amber dry-down is always delightful, you will get noticed wearing this fragrance, you will feel good wearing this fragrance.

Because it had already been discontinued when I bought for the first time I had to buy it blind. Now every city I go to that has a Dior Boutique can expect a visit from me looking for this fragrance. I never want to run out and so far I have collected 5 large bottles so hopefully I will never be without it.

30th May, 2017
Love at first smell: Dior Mitzah is a case where the reality of this now-discontinued Dior Prive fan favorite was met by reality. Cinnamon, incense, amber, honey, and vanilla make up the main portrait of the fragrance. Rose is involved but not prominent and the coriander is similarly used in only a small quantity, fortunately. Perhaps the honey and amber are most dominant for me in the blend, which stays relatively linear, but the cinnamon and vanilla contribute to the gourmand and the incense adds its characteristic ashy darkness to the mix that grounds the otherwise foody mix in something less playful.

Mitzah is smoky, sweet, and slightly spicy. While it leans toward cold weather due to the incense and cinnamon, this certainly strikes me as something that could be worn in warm weather, as well, perhaps simply with fewer sprays.

Performance is excellent, as a small sampling of this on my wrists projected significantly for several hours and then closer for some hours beyond that.

Attributing value to this, given its discontinued and increasingly rare status, is difficult, as prices seem to soar to double the current Dior Prive costs ($210 for 125ml) on the secondary market, but if you love it, and even this smallest offered bottle is a big one, it can surely last as long as you want it to.

Scent Split is where I obtained my sample, so I'd like to credit them with still offering this, along with a variety of other discontinued scents from a handful of houses.

10 out of 10
14th March, 2016 (last edited: 01st August, 2016)
Honey (a ton, but not too sweet, more on the earthy side), spices, patchouli – a nice, bold, really spicy, vaguely resinous but at the same time, dusty and dry opening. Kind of "roasted caramel" vibe. Also with a strong herbal/medicinal balsamic feel. I get an amber accord even if it's not listed. Then it slowly evolves into an incense accord with a rose heart and honey, with just a touch of vibrant green notes (bitter like an olive from times to times). Must admit I quite like the "blend" overall, all is well made, well developed, with good materials which smell just as they should. Not exactly anything "distinctive", but sometimes fragrances are good just being "good" even if they don't have much of a personality (like this one). The spicy drydown reminds me of Eau Noire. Perhaps the best among the exclusive line.

7,5-8/10