Rose Jam (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseGorilla Perfume [Lush]
Parent CompanyLush

About Rose Jam

Rose Jam is a shared / unisex perfume by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]. The scent was launched in 2011

Rose Jam fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose Jam

I also tried the body spray and Iím surprised how strong it is. Itís a non powdery but fruity sweet rose, without too much of this acid lemongrass note that can feel itchy in the nose for some. But the geranium is there as well.
23rd May, 2020
It's a sweet and punchy jammy gourmand rose, but you can perceive some fresh greenness when sniffing close to the skin. There's no patchouli in official notes, but somehow it seems to me like there is some, too, or maybe it just has some Angel-like vibes to it. Beautiful scent.

And I'll just second what teardrop said - the body spray is more like EDP here, and quite a nuclear one. You're going to smell of gourmand roses all day. A very good bang for your buck.
06th April, 2020
I am reviewing the Shower Gel of the same name. For a long time I ignored Lush until other reviewers drew my attention to the quality of their ingredients and the fact that a few of their scents are quite popular even among "frag heads". I'm always chasing after new rose impressions so I bought "Rose Jam". On the package it says that vanilla and a citrus oil were added to the bouquet to make this rose more "refreshing". I think the combination has the opposite effect. The vanilla and citrus "mask" the floral and fresh character of the rose in such a way that the general impression reminds you of what the product looks exactly like: strawberry jam. To my nose it smells completely domestic/pastry-like and any potential of the rose to evoke outdoor scenarios is lost. It's a bit of a shame that three high quality components in this case are made to counteract in a way that amounts to something that strikes me as more banal than any of the components would be just by themselves. This product proves how much people generally desire fruity and dessert-like scents these days and prefer them over florals. I would call it a "censored" rose. However, still a high quality product for fans of dessert-like fragrances.
22nd December, 2019 (last edited: 29th March, 2020)
Just like the cult limited edition shower gel of the same name, this does exactly what it says on the tin. It's a thick, sweet, jammy, rose & lemon Turkish Delight of a fragrance. It goes on more like an EDP than a body spray, with a powerful projection & sillage. Geraniol adds a greenish edge to cut through the sweetness, & sniffed up close there's a slightly "turned" aspect. It reminds me of Aramis Perfume Calligraphy Rose, without the woody-ambery base. Two hours in, it's less fierce; more of a soft, sweet & gentle jammy rose, & later I get the feel of the powdery coating of those little cubes of loukhoum. Seven hours in, it's faded close to the skin, but is still going after fourteen hours.
I'd advise anyone interested in this one not to be fooled by the "body spray" label; it's actually a real heavy hitter, & needs a light hand on the trigger. Lovers of traditional rose fragrances might find it too sweet, but if you love Turkish Delight, you'll adore this.
13th June, 2018
Rose Jam by Lush is a weird take on the rose/geranium accord. We are often used to enjoy the latter in its sharp/herbal and austere "magnitude" (C&S N.88, Lilac Rose&Geranium Abahna or Caraceni 1913 for instance), on the contrary in this case the previous accord (yet as usual earthy and lymphatic on one side, I would say "intimately", like a sort of licoricey earthy botanic dirty/indolic "encounter") appears basically (especially in its central stage) "jammy", chocolatey, oleous, vaguely petroleous (I see the connection with scents a la Histoires de Parfums Rosam and Petroleum) and finally spicy (like for a sort of dusty caramellous connection of botanic/hesperidic elements, cocoa, ylang-ylang and may be saffron). This is anyway the general impression on skin, I don't know if "real" or just ostensible. Anyway the rose is basically dominant (especially along the deep dry down and at distance) with a really powerful sinister/victorian greenish soapiness and a touch of peppery/earthy carnal distiness. Absolutely endorsed for its originality.
19th February, 2015

Add your review of Rose Jam

Shop for Rose Jam products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Rose Jam

There are no member images of Rose Jam yet. Why not be the first?