The One Sport (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseDolce & Gabbana
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About The One Sport

The One Sport is a masculine fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2012

The One Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of The One Sport

Fresh aquatic that sadly has a vinegar like smell somewhere in the background. It's not prominent but I didn't like it.

This was on skin as well as on a test strip and from the bottle nozzle. I tried it in a perfume store.
06th August, 2019
An average attempt by D&G at having a "Sport" version of their popular The One cologne.

I tend to be very reluctant to explore the sport versions of most scents out there. I admit that on a few occasions, I did discover some hidden gems (e.g. Luna Rossa Sport and Allure Homme Sport come quickly to mind).

Here, I think I wanted enough of the original's dna to exist that would catch my interest. Not here. It just smells - generic. It has one of my most favorite note, cardamom, and looked promising with aquatic notes.

It's a so-so scent. I'm not saying this one HAS to resemble the original significantly to be legit; rather, if it must depart from the dna, it should do so carefully and credibly. I struggle to see much more than a run-of-the-mill aromatic citrus-wood which doesn't "wow" me.

Tastes differ for sure here. I'd say, give it a test and see how you respond for yourself.
05th December, 2018
I've been resistant to fully sampling and reviewing The One Sport based on quickly smelling in stores and reading lots of bad reviews but I figured I'd give it a full wearing to be fair.

Starts off very generic, not bad, not good. Later, the drydown starts to remind me of Dior Homme Sport, but not as rich. Has that salty, citric, greasy smell that I get from DHS. I don't smell anything in this that reminds me of the Original The One. There is a spiciness that exists from start to finish.

Projection is average to below average but longevity is good, lasts all workday.
14th November, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
A thin and watery opening camouflaging as herbal-aquatic of nature leads to a nonspecific drydown with hints of a thin cardamom. The base - yes, still thin and quite dull - is a generic musky impression with a laboratory-synthetic patchouli unworthy of such an illustrious house.

The sillage is soft, the projection poor and it lasts less than three hours on my skin. This is a flanker that is unworthy of even bearing the the name as the original, which is so much better. 1/5
16th July, 2015
Great fresh, aquatic and spicy. Projection and longevity is terrible.
25th June, 2015
I love the combination of aquatic/spicy rather than the typical aquatic/citrus and the opening blast is amazing. On my skin, however, I typically get no more than a few hours of longevity and practically no sillage. I'm torn on how to rate this juice because although the overall scent is spectacular, I would expect better performance from an EDT produced by such an esteemed house.
03rd June, 2015

Add your review of The One Sport

Shop for The One Sport products online

Shop for The One Sport at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of The One Sport

There are no member images of The One Sport yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to The One Sport