Casbah (2012)

HouseRobert Piguet
PerfumerAurélien Guichard
Parent CompanyFashion Fragrances & Cosmetics Ltd

About Casbah

Casbah is a shared / unisex perfume by Robert Piguet. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aurélien Guichard

Casbah fragrance notes

Reviews of Casbah

The incense field is so crowded by giants (Cardinal, Avignon, LAVS) that it's difficult to carve out a spot. Casbah manages, just about, by clothing the hollow, Coca-Cola-ish effervescence of Avignon in a haze of dark, peppery...not smoke, exactly, but something like the grey fog of dry ice. I find this to be much richer than Cardinal (with its papery benzoin and fresh linen) and much drier than the sweet, fizzy, soda-soap that is Montale's Full Incense. Drilling down into the detail, Casbah also has a curiously antiseptic thread running through it, but subtle, like the rubbery turn of a hospital gurney against a freshly-sluiced floor rather than full-out disinfectant. This isn't due to any ghost 'oud' note, but to an organic fudge of spices and herbs like angelica and nutmeg. I like its medieval darkness and grunginess. It's not pretty or uplifting. In fact, this is more like one of Santa Maria Novella's older, less photo-ready concoctions than a Piguet. I feel a layering with my Marescialla coming on.
24th March, 2020
Bubbly bursts of angelica, black pepper, and I can smell the vetiver already. Cool. Dry. Not long after the top notes, I detect incense and tobacco. Very dark. Very smoky. It becomes an almost industrial or garage accord. New tire smell. Cedar underneath. Very masculine. Good for cool autumn or winter.
06th November, 2018
I don't understand why Casbah is compared with CDG Avignon since it is way closer to Montale Full Incense.

Casbah gives me a superb incense note and the religious feeling i am searching for in this type of fragrances.

Compared to Full Incense, Casbah seems a little bit more complex and more versatile. Full Incense is linear but a great perfume also.

Logevity is decent ( smaller than Full Incense)

Sillage - Medium.

Ovearall is a must buy for incense scents lovers.
30th October, 2018
Casbah is like nothing I have ever tried before. It is skilfully created (it's obvious); exceptionally well-blended; warming; comforting; classy; a pleasure to wear; quite unique; alluringly interesting; silently addictive; something that every other Tom, Dick & Harry won't have; pungent on clothes; long-lasting with decent projection; expensive & not that easy to get.

'Darvant' from Italy has a good account of this fragrance which should answer all your questions. It is well worth the read.

Casbah is for the refined nose that knows 'exquisitness' when it smells it!
21st February, 2017
Angelic(a)?

Odd, it's weird how some scents come across.......was it my mood, nose, skin chemistry that night?
The first time I tried Casbah was after spraying it with the nozzle close to my skin.

I was turned off because before I fell asleep all I detected was a dark smokiness. It took over a week before I tried again but applied a mist and more over my body then walked out into the cool and breezy late afternoon.

Wow, so much better this time, I am not familiar with Angelica root but if it's that sweet scent that is intertwined with incense then I really love it.

Great projection and still going strong after 5 and one half hours.

Great unisex I believe, the incense here is definitely house of worship strength so that might turn off some ladies but Angelica root tames the beast.

Good name for this product, my first Piguet purchase, setting the bar rather high for the rest of the line.
28th November, 2016
Quite similar to Heeley Cardinal. A little, softer prettier with the Nutmeg and a touch of Vegetal Iris which offers a perfume less austere and angular.
Angelica provides a slight sweetness in contrast to the dry Incense in the Heeley.
Very nice!
10th November, 2016

Add your review of Casbah

Shop for Casbah products online

Shop for Casbah at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Casbah

There are no member images of Casbah yet. Why not be the first?