Tribal Black Tea (2011)

Tribal Black Tea information

Year of Launch2011

HouseIlluminum

About Tribal Black Tea

Tribal Black Tea is a shared / unisex perfume by Illuminum. The scent was launched in 2011

Tribal Black Tea fragrance notes

Reviews of Tribal Black Tea

This is probably the closest I've encountered to a proper Earl Grey tea smell in a perfume, which is something I've been hunting down for years. It smells to me like mostly bergamot and bay leaf, and I can smell how the cardamom adds a fruity roundness as well.

But then there's that "amberwood", which is a that cheap aquatic "woody amber" base used in pretty much every unremarkable men's mall perfume. That's an automatic downvote from a thumbs-up to a neutral for me. And it seems odd that the use of this base doesn't do anything to add to Tribal Black Tea's longevity.

So I'm conflicted. I really like the Earl Grey smell while it lasts, but hate the base. I could see myself falling in love with this and forgiving its flaws if I took the time, but my sample is running out, so I guess that's it...
19th August, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
Good Tea Scent

In the opening the black tea jumps at me; it is open, frank, and direct and of good quality, and lacks the more extreme harshness of Bvlgari Black. A nice bergamot-based citrus freshness that stays in the background is complemented by a cardamom note; and all this is balanced well against a restrained amber drydown. Overall an impressive tea scent, with a good silage and projection. Longevity is about three hours on my skin.

02nd June, 2013
If you're not obsessed by tenacious longevity and monster sillages, Tribal Black Tea is a pretty decent composition that is worth checking out. A sparkling concoction of black tea and citruses enriched by a very nice cardamom note. A fresh, summery fragrance that wears like an Eau De Cologne. Probably a tad dull and slightly synthetic during the woody-amber driven drydown, yet somewhat presentable. Maybe a bit overpriced.

10th May, 2012

Add your review of Tribal Black Tea

Shop for Tribal Black Tea products online

Shop for Tribal Black Tea at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Illuminum Perfume Tribal Black Tea 100ml 3.4 oz

US • Current Price: USD 69.99.

Member images of Tribal Black Tea

There are no member images of Tribal Black Tea yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]