Halston Woman Amber (2010)
by Halston

Halston Woman Amber information

Year of Launch2010

HouseHalston
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchElizabeth Arden Inc

About Halston Woman Amber

Halston Woman Amber is a feminine perfume by Halston. The scent was launched in 2010

Halston Woman Amber fragrance notes

Reviews of Halston Woman Amber

For $9 this is a great freshie more amber-toned than actual amber. The red currant and aldehydes had me needlessly worried at the beginning. My experience wearing this is mostly rounded and blended, sort of like the scents shampoos or body washes in Asia have (Shiseido Super Mild comes to mind). Unisex and suitable for most weather. It’s very inoffensive, unassuming. But don’t pay more than ten dollars.
17th December, 2020
Dark sweetness at first. The mandarin and current are an odd but, nice combo. The aldehydes aren't loud. The red current is a bit strong. Amber slowly moves in; not overly "sweet". Rose & tuberose bounce off of each other.

Amber increases after time, with a spicy edge. There is a very faint, almost chocolate smell, close to the skin. HWA starts out rather odd. Gets better as it wears.

The base is rather predictable - musky, pale suede, creamy wood. Overall, for a cheapie, it isn't bad. Good scent for second-shift.

A few hours later it becomes better - more smooth.
23rd March, 2019
Warm and cozy is right. It's a nice amber with a fruity top note, red currant seems right. I don't get any aldehydes whatsoever. I purchased my bottle on AmazonPrime for $15, Dec 2018.

It's nice, it's solid, it's not going to win any awards for crazy, new, or cool. Could easily be someone's signature, if they're easy-going and not snooty in their fragrance choices.

Drydown is a nice, solid amber. Nice, nice, nice, nice, nice; this is the adjective of choice for this perfume.

It's like a warm hug, smooshed into maternal bosoms.
05th January, 2019
CoL Show all reviews
This reminds me of Baldessarnni Amber (for men!) just a whole lot better done! Warm, sweet and cosy.

**Update**

On further wearing this fragrance now strongly resembles Burberry Gold (Ltd Ed years ago). If you like/d Burberry Gold give this a test! Well done fragrance even though it is made by Elizabeth Arden!
16th March, 2013 (last edited: 17th March, 2013)
finzi Show all reviews
For the first hour this perfume is almost overwhelmingly sweet on my skin, but once the top notes have faded it mellows to a warm, woody, spicy scent. I usually avoid perfumes that contain sandalwood because I find often find that it dominates all other notes, but that's not the case here. Sandalwood is a weighty note and works perfectly against the sweetness here.

My boyfriend adores this perfume and thinks it is very elegant and sophisticated.

It reminds me very much of Hermes' Elixir Des Merveilles, which is a lighter fragrance, but has the same sweetness and warmth at the heart.

I've only just acquired my first bottle of this fragrance, so may well update this review in month or so, but for now it gets the thumbs up from me!
11th March, 2012

Add your review of Halston Woman Amber

Shop for Halston Woman Amber products online

Shop for Halston Woman Amber at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Halston Woman Amber

There are no member images of Halston Woman Amber yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]