Norne (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Norne

Norne is a masculine fragrance by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Norne fragrance notes

Reviews of Norne

Beautiful refined pine open, but sadly that fads too quickly, and then it's primarily a clove/incense experience for the duration. Conclusion: not nearly enough pine, way too much clove, just the right amount of incense. So my search for the perfect pine scent continues.
28th September, 2020
The most recent neg review nails it: thick pine sap molasses with big clove sitting somewhere in the pine barrens and on fire. Great description, although I'm not real sure it's on fire. Nevertheless, the good doctor didn't care for that smell at all. It's quirky, yes, but when the time is right... Vive le Slumberhouse!
19th February, 2019
Sticky smokey pine resin. The sauce is this and stained my skin green. After it dried for a few hours the pine burned off a bit faster than the smokey incense. High quality, natural smelling. Strong strong. Not full bottle worthy full me because it is price prohibitive.
07th February, 2019
Love/Hate. Love how it smells, and the paroxysms of Tolkienesque fanfic-grade prose it has inspired in some of the online reviews should suffice; I shall not add more. The two challenges: the viscosity is slightly stiffer than that of maple syrup, and it stains your skin a pale olive like a week-old bruise. The spray nozzle is a cheap flimsy contrivance as well and frequently squirms loose with the effort needed to get this fluid through the system. I like it! Just don't know where on my body I want to have a stain like this.
03rd April, 2018
Shows up massive like a troop of Mounties from the FOREST! But not harsh or obnoxious, an air of fire in the woods, that burns to nothing in three hours. Good blind gift for the Grizzly in your life.
09th May, 2017
This puts to shame all the other fragrances I've tried which claim to be natural and evocative.
Another reason why it is a revelation to me is that I'm viscerally tired and fed up with oriental notes. All the sandal, patchouli, cardamon and other saffrons, Moroccan this and Arabian that bore me to death. European and American woods are seriously underappreciated and underused. There is beauty and elegance in the more austere, dry aromatics of the north, and they deserve to be given an opportunity to shine.
Huge thumbs up to Slumberhouse.
01st December, 2016