Lady Day (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseMaria Candida Gentile
PerfumerMaria Candida Gentile

About Lady Day

Lady Day is a feminine perfume by Maria Candida Gentile. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maria Candida Gentile

Lady Day fragrance notes

Reviews of Lady Day

This is a true gardenia.

Growing up in the South, the scent of Gardenias permeated our backyard - it is my mother's favorite flower, so dad made sure she always had plenty planted near the backdoor and patio.

Gardenias seemed to grow everywhere, and I took it for granted that those sultry blooms could grow here in Maryland, but alas, they could not handle the winters here.

This is definitely one to spend time with before making a decision. I nearly said "no way!", but allowed it to take its time, and once it settled, the childhood memories were so present, I could not deny the quality and care that went into the making of this captivating scent.
06th December, 2017
This review is for the extrait.

This is supposed to be gardenia, but honestly, all I smell is mouthwash & lilies. It becomes more creamy & floral three hours in, but otherwise there's no development here. The projection is moderate, & it fades fast after around five hours.
Meh. In my view, this is not a worthy tribute to the awesome Ms Holliday.
21st July, 2016
Gardenia Criminelle

Going on with my Gardenia state-of-mind...

This one is my Holy Grail for Gardenia scents, maybe it's a tiny bit less realistic than "Gardez-Moi" (even though it contains mostly Gardenia extracted by using traditional, sophisticated methods) but way more evocative!

When choosing a fragrance, I rely mostly on the "evocative Factor" of the composition: if it is just a beautifully crafted composition, it's not worth for me; it has to take me into another world, maybe another time too, and has to create some images, make me think of a forgotten french actress, or a painting I love looking at, or just a nice memory that was about to fade...

This fragrance has it all! The medicinal top notes are as striking and green as in Tubereuse Criminelle (but not smoky) and then the beautiful, luxurious smell of Gardenia blooms in fron of our very eyes, amazing and crisp, sensual and soapy, a tad indolic too (which I like in white floral compositions).

It's a really beautiful Gardenia, this one. Like Boldini painting a white satin dress on canvas.

Pros: Realistic Gardenia, medicinal opening, extremely evocative and long lasting
Cons: comes in small sizes (15 and 30 ml.)

18th June, 2013

Add your review of Lady Day

Shop for Lady Day products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Lady Day

There are no member images of Lady Day yet. Why not be the first?