Flor y Canto (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseArquiste
PerfumerRodrigo Flores-Roux

About Flor y Canto

Flor y Canto is a feminine perfume by Arquiste. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux

Flor y Canto fragrance notes

Reviews of Flor y Canto

Yesterday I culled through my summer flowers to prepare for winter and snow. I cut the marigold blossoms off the plants and put them in a glass in my kitchen. The sweet smell of the flower heads was all over my hands and I started wishing for a marigold fragrance. I briefly looked for primary tagetes and calendula notes in scents but got sidetracked. I’d recently secured some Arquiste scents and noticed that one of them featured a marigold note. While I get tuberose throughout, the main note to me is marigold. A sweet, almost cloying marigold, at times almost reminiscent of Jil Sander, No. 4 - but not so syrupy sweet. Not a long lasting fragrance but wearable for when I want to add a little depth to my florals.
13th October, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
Tuberose and magnolia and clearly the two core components of this unashamedly sweetish-floral composition. It is soft, gentle and flowery in a spring garden way.

At times hints of geranium break through, an in the second half the marigold emerges. The floral character never changes, and there is not even that standard coda of musk or vanilla that usually graces the base notes. No, a sheer bouquet of flowers, not more and not less.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and an excellent longevity of nine hours on my skin.

A lovely creation, not very creative or original and nicely done and not too synthetic. And quite unobtrusive and hence very wearable in the office. 3/5.
14th February, 2016
A limpid, summery tuberose-magnolia combo with a hair spray aura. Wears soft and easy, but too much of a simpleton in cheap attire.
03rd July, 2014
I got a sample of this from my local perfumer here in Minneapolis. WOW....I am just now getting into florals and this one is a show stopper. It is oh so elegant and very refined. I am a total newbie as far as the language so all I can say is I smell the tuberose and I am guessing everything else combined perfectly! To sum this up in one word: Lovely.
08th August, 2012

Add your review of Flor y Canto

Shop for Flor y Canto products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Flor y Canto

There are no member images of Flor y Canto yet. Why not be the first?