Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient (2012)
by Guerlain

Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient information

Year of Launch2012

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient

Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient is a shared / unisex perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient fragrance notes

Reviews of Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient

Rosey

Its got a lot of rose up top, obviously. Its really zingy, slightly medicinal, metallic, and green. I get a fleeting greenness that kinda feels like the prickly stem of the rose. The incense is there, though blended in, and overshadowed early. It is a dark rose fragrance, though not black. It is not gothic. It is more of a deep red and dark green kaleidoscope. It is very piquant in the opening, but mellows out.
20th June, 2020
Too much aldehydic rose for me to enjoy this, and I love rose but just not this apparently. I'm not a huge fan of the Guerlain scents that I've tried, but I thought maybe I would enjoy this because it's quite different from the other ones I've smelled. Unfortunately, no. I think I just don't like the Guerlain DNA. Luckily I only have a sample. I don't hate it, so I'll use this until I finish it, and then I'll move along to bigger and better rosy/musky things.
31st May, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
A bright, light and fresh opening blast geeets me. It is composed of a somewhat bland rose with generalised lashings of aldehydes poured over it. After a bit of time, a saffron is added on, which is not a dark, spicy intense saffron; it is much lighter than the saffron in, for instance, Comptoir Sud, Pacifique Sultan Safran.

The drydown adds in a soft andsomewhat darker patchouli, with a glowing and gentle vetiver impression also present; the latter does not display and earthiness or harshness at all. Most importantly, through this period a smooth and soft frankincense arises, which brings additional depth to the whole mix.

Then suddenly something unexpected happens: the top notes together with the heart notes coalesce into one unity of olfactory brilliance, when the aldehydic rose with the patchouli, the vetiver and the frankincense unite in wonderful harmony to a glowing to a perfectly blended alliance, a sweet spot of balance and intensity that represents a special moments in the development of this creation, a bit like an olfactory equivalent to the “et homo factus est” in the Credo of Beethoven’s Missa Solemnis. This lasts for about an hour; but what a delicious hour that is!

Form the these heights the base drags us back into the realm of niceness, if not mundanity. An temps to create a laboratory ambergris together with a laboratory moss - welcome back to the less exciting parts of this creation,m; but fortunately the frankincense, now a bit attenuated, still provides interesting depth and character. A fresh and bright soapy note - neither barbershop nor particularly powdery - constitutes the final impression towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and an splendid fourteen hours of longevity on my skin.

Like life, this spring creation encompasses the range from dizzying heights to mundane lows; but but the peaks of deliciousness do not last very long - six transit gloria mundi. Most of is is a bit generic. Overall it is a good scent though. 3.25/5
28th February, 2020
Delicate aldehydes with rose and a burning incense in the background. Usually the aldehydes are sparkly, but here they're tamed, polished. The rose feels soapy, maybe it's the combination with the aldehydes. The incense does not let it be just a clean soapy rose perfume, fortunately, and the middle phase brings spices as well as a slight pissy aroma. All this is enveloped in an animalic touch at the base that must come from the ambergris.
I was expecting waves of incense loaded with spices, but this is ultimately a rose based perfume constructed around soapy clean aldehydes, a mild burning incense with some dirtiness in the base.
07th March, 2019
Even though there aren't tons of ingredients, I find this one to be complicated - in a good way. It has a very Oriental top, in an almost traditional way. The saffron rides through, all the way to the end. The middle has a slight metal smell. Something almost industrial. It is brief; perhaps it's the vetiver. The base is indescribable for me. It is almost "head shop" scented with its incense. Mythical indeed.
23rd July, 2018
I so wanted to love this: A modern Guerlain that I could get my hands on, unlike the vintage frags that I search and scour the internet for. Plus, it had incense and ambergris--wow, what could go wrong? Well for me, pretty much everything. There is a synthetic and artificial overlay here that ruins the entire scent for me. Its extreme chemical nature gives this fragrance the sharp, almost crackling sensation of static electricity, and it permeates the perfume from top to bottom. I have tried this scent on several different occasions, thinking perhaps that different weather or a different attitude (mine) might change things for the better. Nope. :-(
29th October, 2017 (last edited: 27th April, 2018)

Add your review of Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient

Shop for Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient

There are no member images of Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Les Déserts d'Orient - Encens Mythique d'Orient