Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été (2012)
by Guerlain

Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été information

Year of Launch2012

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été

Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été is a shared / unisex perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été fragrance notes

Reviews of Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été

Spicy saffron

Piercing saffron and myrrh over a Tuscan leather base. Medicinal and astringent. I don't find it overly skanky. Well blended and interesting. This is a wrist sniffer for sure. Its complicated, and enticing. Has "top ten smelled" potential for some, but not all. Getting hard to find. This is a big thumbs up for me personally. The only problem would be that it is potentially overly powerful, and hence unwearable. But at this much beauty that can be overlooked.
22nd May, 2020
The opening is softer than I expected and mostly centered on spicy saffron with a bitter, soft, balsamic oud. Then it starts to evolve and the myrrh with a subtle sweet jasmine and provide a slightly pissy aroma; but it's all so warm, balsamic and bitter sweet, that works marvelously together. It's much tamer than I thought, it's very well done and balanced.
14th May, 2019
Start with Shalimar Parfum and make it more heavy using incense notes and you end up with this perfume.

Too far from old Guerlain spirit, but is a very comforting and carefree fragrance in its own right.
08th April, 2018 (last edited: 25th January, 2020)
If I had been blindfolded while testing this scent I never would have guessed it was by Guerlain. Tiny Jasmine and cardamom. The patchouli, cedar, oud, and myrrh are dry - windswept even. Saffron comes and goes. This mellows on my skin after a couple of hours into an Almost mellow sweetness. Guerlain has succeeded in creating a desert scent. I believe this would smell better on a man. Overall -- not bad.
31st October, 2017
Sharp oud, cedar and patchouli make this a very unpleasant experience for my nose. I get no neroli, no jasmine. There was a very brief Angel-like berry-ness upon first application, but that quickly faded. Now I am left with a piercing smoky wood that for me makes this scent a scrubber.
25th June, 2017
Stardate 20161013:

I loved this on paper. Thought it was the best one since LVMH acquired them.
And then I put it on my skin.
Not good. The cumin and the oudy note is not well blended. They try to give it a traditional animalic accord but fail. I think cumin is too piercing here.
It does settle down to a decent frag.
I could give it a thumbs up but the price and my expectation after paper sniffing will not let me
14th October, 2016

Add your review of Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été

Shop for Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été

There are no member images of Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Les Déserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'Été